What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Joining @seakayaker and @apye :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Best thing in new hip hop for yonks.

Punk Tactics/Joey Valence & Brae. (2023).

Logic makes a brilliant guest appearance, too.

1 Like

This is one of a few new releases sat in my playlist for later. Looking forward to it👍🏻

The Harmony Codex - Steven Wilson.

I’ve seen this pop up a few times over the last couple of days… intrigue got the better of me. Glad it did, really enjoyed it! Always like something a little different!

13 Likes

Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl - CD

A bit of a Rafferty fest today, hard to believe, it’s nearly 13 years ago since his passing.

22 Likes

I only played a 20 minute sample, but what I listened to was very pleasing and calming😊

1 Like

30 Likes

What do you think about it? Just watched a snippet of Keef on Jimmy Kimmel promoting the new record, where he played snippets of 3 Stones classics on an acoustic. Of course, Kimmel couldn’t help himself trying to make it all about Kimmel.

1 Like

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

I remember hearing the tile track on Radio Caroline circa 1975.

Martin Barre plays some great riffs. A classic.

24 Likes

Great adventure in sounds & atmospherics.

Future Days/Can (SACD).

10 Likes

Under the bed sheets with a torch n a tranny?

3 Likes

We’re still at cross purposes but that’s all part of the fun. Interestingly I had and donated a Beres Hammond album to the local charity shop. Can’t for the life of me remember which one but I do remember it was a bit bland :+1:

1 Like

Perhaps you’d like to join me outside for further discussion! :wink:

Now I’ll always associate you with Mike Sarne and Wendy Richard :smiley:

3 Likes

First, Paul Sinha’s Pub Quiz on R4.

Now, Classical Mixtape (as they are now calling it!) on R3

Q: How can FM wireless sound so good? Easy answer: Red light NAT05 and Yagi on the roof :-)))

1 Like

Now you really have lost me, will have to consult my mate Gary

Really? Come outside.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=come+outside+song+1962&mid=30FF4A6DC7BE0D85B22030FF4A6DC7BE0D85B220&FORM=VIRE

Needs a dub version.

2 Likes

Can | Future Days | 1973
Joining @Charles64 with some great Can. Future Days 50th anniversary this year sounding wonderful off this SACD rip.

9 Likes

Goldfrapp - Black Cherry - CD

17 Likes

Absolutely, those were my earliest under the sheets radio memories from the sixties.

2 Likes