What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Ok, so this morning I woke up feeling in the mood for some live music and on Vinyl.
I have started from a shelf not often visited and plucked Dire Straits - Alchemy from there.
This is an album that has probably not been played since before the new millennium :man_shrugging:t2:

I played this album regularly back in the day, but it is still in really good condition.:blush:
Don’t worry, there will definitely be some live RUSH along shortly…:wink:

20 Likes

The Michel Petrucciani Trio Live At The Village Vanguard / 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / 724354038228

Decided to continue with MP for my third choice today having enjoyed the earlier two discs so much.

7 Likes

Gregg Allman - Laid Back - CD

13 Likes

Oh well - Rumours Live - Fleetwood Mac

13 Likes

Bit of a slow burn grower this one. Theres quite a lot of buzz on this, David Rodigan for example has been bigging this up in recent weeks and she has stood in for him and been an invited guest.

I wasnt sure at first, thinking it lacked some variety in the songs but as is often with good music it takes time.

Aleighca Scott hails from Cardiff Wales and as well as a talented upcoming singer she is also a broadcaster on BBC Wales with her own Reggae show.

She travelled to Jamaica hooking up with Sound System Operator turned producer Rory Stone Love for this lovely quality homage to the Lovers Rock vibes she grew up hearing.
Some nice production and musicality and you may notice a touch of Amy Winehouse in her singing style.

Digital only release thus far…

Aleighca Scott - Windrush Baby (Qobuz HR)

:heart:

2 Likes

Time for some live RUSH😉
For those not in the know, the amazing ‘A Farewell To Kings’ 40th Anniversary Edition includes the Hammersmith Odeon concert in full from the 1974 tour.

Possibly not the best recording in the world, but they’ve cleaned it up and it has a good flavour of the energy from the gig… :metal:t4::blush:

10 Likes

On CD:-

Tangerine Dream - Logos

15 Likes

I would have loved to have seen ‘The Dream’ back in the day.
Of course, having the requisite chemicals in the bloodstream would have made it harder to remember no doubt🤣

2 Likes

I saw them at the Manchester Hardrock in October 1975. I remember it being very loud. No chemicals were involved.

Sheffield City Hall, 1974 I think. Erm… couldn’t find the bus station afterwards for, ahem, some reason, and had to get a black cab 15 miles home. :rofl::rofl:

Saw them on that tour……my mate was a fan then, i had not heard of them. Great concert……must dig out a few to play👍

Christian McBride + Inside Straight Kind Of Brown / 2009 Mack Avenue / US CD / MAC1047

Christian McBride Bass
Warren Wolf Vibraphone
Eric Scott Piano
Steve Wilson Saxophone
Carl Allen Drums

Another spin of this recent fine addition to the collection.

11 Likes

Can you get it on CD? Would love to post it on the CD thread :wink:

I detect some mischievousness in your post I think.
Here is a CD from the same tour…:wink:

3 Likes

Recommended by someone on here many weeks ago - unfortunately can’t remember who but thanks to whoever. Been enjoying it on Qobuz since then. Finally bought a copy on Vinyl. It’s a great album from a great vocalist.

8 Likes

Are you trying to get me in trouble with Mr Dane🤔

1 Like

Cecilia Bartholi - The Vivaldi Album

I don’t think I’ve played this since ripping it in 2013. More fool me - it’s gorgeous.

7 Likes

That was awesome!

1 Like

Try this terrific bass lines sound quality pretty good…

1 Like

Gretchen Peters - Blackbird - CD

6 Likes