What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

It is a bit like the virtual equivalent of getting your c*ck out, I’m sure its a fine example but once you’ve seen it…

And my days of zooming are long past

1 Like

Excellent! love the blue vinyl

In memory of Angelo Bruschini whose guitar gave such a distinctive feel to many songs on this. RIP

29 Likes

Massive Attack - Blue Lines - CD

sorry if the artwork is not complete, I seem to be having internet problems at the moment

22 Likes

Clark Terry with Thelonious Monk - In Orbit (OJC/Riverside LP)

Why? Just look at the ingredients on the packet…

I happen to find something really cool about the sleeve design

:heart:

5 Likes

Dave Valentin Live At The Blue Note / 1988 GRP/ Switzerland CD / GRD9568

3 Likes

Sinatra, The Best Of, seeing if it plays after Amazon delivered it in just a paperbag….

8 Likes

Ok, note to self, it was cheap for a reason, hires stream from Qobuz is infinitely better.

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Uma Elmo

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet, Piccolo Trumpet) and Jorge Rossy (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with this 2021 album from Jakob with Arve and Jorge and they are sounding sublime! …a lovely way to ease into the day after a bit of a sleep in. The gym did kick my arse yesterday…

7 Likes

Made a couple of cool charity shop finds today…

Marty Robbins - Gunfighter Ballads (EX)

Henry ‘Red’ Allen - Feeling Good (VG(ish) :rofl:)

The Robbins sounds great - very well recorded and in really good condition
The Henry Red isn’t so good unfortunately. Good pick up of the trumpet but other elements are mixed a bit too low or badly recorded. Could be due to wear but I suspect it is due to recording technique

5 Likes

Whats the label? Not Now Music?

There cheap because they are dodgy public domain “grey market” releases along with so many others polluting the record market these days including Doxy, DOL, Waxtime, Jazztime etc etc
Generally speaking I often puzzle why some spend good money on a decent system then buy this crap as you just discovered. Stick it back in the bag and send it back for a refund would be my suggestion.

:heart:

1 Like

After a ludicrously muddy 15 mile hike - a shower and Mr Waters to get ma mojo back. CD rip via HiRes player.

11 Likes

Playing on Vinyl

24 Likes

You just reminded me, I saw an episode of a travelogue last night with Gryff Rhys Jones in Winnipeg, a fact I didnt know is Winnipeg means Muddy Waters in the First Nation Peoples language…
I wonder if thats where McKinley Morganfield got the idea for the name?

2 Likes

25 Likes

Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night - CD

15 Likes

Sabbs - Reunion - 1998 (25th anniversary)

Like the sound of this on purple vinyl, but seems to be sold out?

7 Likes

Hey Dread, Not now music, apparently not an ironic name.

1 Like

OMD - Crush - 1985

This takes you back to the depths of the 80’s …

10 Likes

Now playing…

Trio Mediaeval & Arve Henriksen - Rimur

Anna Maria Friman (Vocals, Hardanger Fiddle), Linn Andrea Fuglseth (Vocals, Shruti Box), Berit Opheim (Vocals) and Arve Henriksen (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continued on this morning this fine album featuring Arve with Anna, Linn and Berit and the music is sounding sublime!

2 Likes