What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

11 Likes

Still keeping Mr Numan front and centre but a little more up to date

Gary Numan - Dead Son Rising

Not as new as I thought - came out in 2011 - it must be my age - memory on the way out
:thinking:

4 Likes

It’s not about prizes, it’s about taking part :wink:

2 Likes

David Bowie, let’s dance. :smiling_face:

21 Likes

Strut LP.

11 Likes

The Doors -The Soft Parade, I really should get around to reading the dedicated thread.

16 Likes

Hi @Adam1 - what Sinatra set are you talking about? The “Platinum” box set I posted about in the “waht was the last vinyl you bought?” isn’t out yet – I got sent a copy by the label ahead of release…

1 Like

Last one tonight so a chilled Mr Numan I think is in order….

Gary Numan - Dance

7 Likes

Not great music (Punk/new wave) but a fantastic summing up of a much simpler almost naive time in the late 70’s of life for a young teenager.
The album tells a single story throughout of first love’s. Certainly got me reminiscing.
Many will remember the track “Jilted John” from this unique concept album.

5 Likes

Playing this now on Qobuz - very nice! Thank you for highlighting it.

2 Likes

Whoever first recommended it will be along at some point to remind us I hope. They did us a favour for sure :+1:

4 Likes

RE Billy Valentine - Search is a good friend too. :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Kev, yeah that was it, and I did a quick look and realised that you must have a pre release version and went looking and saw some of the preorder prices.

I don’t mind a bit of Frank but not enough to get involved at that level and it led me to land and order this one.

I knew it wouldn’t be a stunning find and Amazon delivered it just wrapped in effectively a paper bag and consequently the corners of the sleeve were bent etc.

Anyway gave it a spin yesterday and whilst it varies in quality from track to track ultimately it’s pretty poor.

It was a bit of a random purchase and if anything has just confirmed I need to learn to stream more for this sort of thing.

A bit more self discipline on my end is the inescapable conclusion.

I could always send it back, which ironically would involve me taking more care to pack it than Amazon did when sending it to me.

Santana, self titled album. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins, neck and neck. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Laura Nyro - Eli And The Thirteenth Confession - CD

13 Likes

Orchestra Baobab. Pirates choice.
Laid back sounds perfect for late night listening.
Not bad late morning either.
Cd rip

13 Likes

Animals
Why?
A lot of Pink Floyd on the forum at the moment and I haven’t listened to my copy of Animals since the year it came out. I didn’t like it at the time and that stuck with me.
Sounds pretty good after a session in the record cleaner.

28 Likes

Playing on CD in the office

11 Likes

Mr. Acker Bilk. Stranger on the shore.
From the laid back sounds of Senegal to the laid back sounds of Somerset.

7 Likes