What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Absolutely my favourite PF album. It was the first one I heard at about 13 and have loved it ever since.
It’s nice that you are reconnecting with it after all this time😊

There is no organisation to my record collection other than Jazz, Classical, Everything Else (the largest section). I do quite often find records I haven’t played since the 70s!

1 Like

Roughly how many do you have?
I am at approx 650-700 at the moment.
So many still to collect…:face_with_peeking_eye:

I honestly don’t know! I’m guessing about 1,500 - 2,000. I know I have about 1,000 CDs because I ripped them all!

1 Like

There hasn’t been a period when I haven’t bought vinyl. When I worked in Tokyo for a couple of years in the 90s I spent a lot of time going around the secondhand record stores - particularly jazz. My suitcases home were super heavy!!

2 Likes

I enjoy this one too. Not an expert on Rush but I feel it has a good live version of ‘Test For Echo’ leading into ‘The Analog Kid’. Also, that extra CD of the 1978 Hammersmith concert from the ‘Farewell to Kings’ era.

1 Like

If you dont mind me chipping in again, as I said before I would send it back as unsatisfactory quality, just stick it back in the bag they sent it in or similar. These PD labels shouldnt be allowed to get away with this crap, and if more people rejected them…
:+1:

1 Like

Amusing coincidence, I posted this on the Jazz thread as a Joke with @Skeptikal
:+1:

1 Like

This is indeed a wonderful album which has thanks to MPS an excellent recording quality. BTW I love Oscar Peterson and particularly the recordings produced with Brunner-Schwer and MPS.

2 Likes

Shawn Mullins - Soul’s Core (1998)

3 Likes

With a certain well known piano player EJ.

1 Like

Ohhhh…go on then!

Takes me back…someone wearing Patchouli?..

:heart:

13 Likes

Acker Bilk S#&t# :wink:

2 Likes

Finally found an almost NM US first press to complete/compete with my UK & Japanese firsts, plus the Speaker’s Corner reissue…

This US copy sounds wonderful I have to say.
Mahavishnu were just a powerhouse in their first, second and even third incarnations. As you say, what a band.

10 Likes

Renaissance - Ashes Are Burning

I don’t know much about Renaissance, although I do like the voice of Annie Haslam. Playing this from Qobuz.

12 Likes

2011 Music On Vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

9 Likes

:joy:…this just has to be my favourite sucking session!..Tune?..This Is Jazz!

:heart:

6 Likes

Is the US the best sounding?

@Charles64 … finally got round to listening to Portland Smiles…it’s rather good. I need to add it to the collection and I must find a copy of the Tom Smocker book. Thanks for the heads up Charles.
download (1)

1 Like

What’s your impressions of it Clive ?

The song Ashes Are Burning is superb.Annie Haslam had the most stunning voice.I read that she had a 3 or 5 octave vocal range.I love the way Renaissance mixed prog with folk and sometimes jazz and classical on their albums.
People just think of them for Northern Lights but they go way deeper than that their only hit.

1 Like