What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

An afternoon downpour has finally given the time to listen to this magnificent sprawling epic in its entirety. CD rip via HiRes player. A fitting tribute indeed.

4 Likes

Great piece, Escalator, both in musical excellence and its scope. Fab. Timeless album.

1 Like

The Kinks - Muswell Hillbillies

14 Likes

On CD:-

51W+4ctVwlL._AC_1

Jethro Tull - A Passion Play

13 Likes

2CD on Fresh Sound. Not the Lighthouse but the ‘Both/And’ in San Francisco.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Ana Silver - The Fabulist

Ana Silvera (Voice, piano, pump organ, Wurlitzer), Gerry Diver (Violin, Viola, Banjo, Guitar, Mandolin, Drums, Percussion), Alan Hampton (Vocals), Adrian Lever (Guitars), Graham Coe (Cello) Jasper Høiby (Double Bass), Pete Flood (Drums, Percussion) and Rosanna Ter-Berg (Flutes, Recorders).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… Continuing on this morning with Ana and the talented musicians supporting her and they are sounding mighty fine!

2 Likes

Hans Zimmer - The Dark Knight (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) really like this version, it has some great atmospheric sub bass going on.

13 Likes

Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way - CD

13 Likes

Try ‘Scheherazade and Other Stories’, ‘Turn of the Cards’ and ‘Novella’ if you get chance. ‘Live at Carnegie Hall’ is also good. On a different subject Burning Shed have advertised that there is a large Camel box set coming out in November which I am looking forward to….

3 Likes

22 Likes

Everyone had a guru in those days. Looks like this one lived in No 85 Acacia Avenue.

2 Likes

And he was putting together a cricket team :wink:

2 Likes

Alice, Charlie and Ben…with Orchestra.

Music as truly individual as the woman herself.

Alice Coltrane
Lord Of Lords
Superior Viaduct reissue.

9 Likes

I think it died in 2012.

1 Like

Israel Vibration. The same song.
Fine sounds from Jamaica.

4 Likes

Morcheeba | Big Calm | 1998
It’s been ‘a bit of a day’ so something chilled is needed, it was a toss up between Morcheeba, Air or Zero Seven.

18 Likes

Ellie Goulding - Higher Than Heaven

I really liked her first album but then thought she went progressively downhill. This seems to be a return to form.

2 Likes

First play for this sumptuously-packaged 4-LP set, which is due out on Friday. It’s very nice,the track selection is interesting, there’s a good mix of bangers, unreleased stuff and deep cuts and the sound is pretty decent, but no way is it worth the £140 I believe Universal will be charging for it.

@Dreadatthecontrols @Adam1 – this new Platinum collection is issued to commemorate 70 years since Sinatra signed for Capitol and is completely unrelated to any other Frank compilations called “Platinum”.

12 Likes

I enjoy Sinatra muchly and bought a (16? CD box set) 7 or 8 years ago when I think that you bought that same box-set but I’m going to pass on this one, Kev.

Cheers Kev, it looks a really nice box set, and seeing i shelled out quite a bit for Seal debut box set it doesnt look bad relative value against that, just not vested enough to buy it.

I saw the “Platinum” range on amazon and as soon as i saw it then had Elvis etc versions steered clear and stumbled on the one I ordered, which was still crap.

Thanks for the info, as always gratefully received.

1 Like