What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Cara Dillon - Coming Home
Vinyl

Due for release on 23rd February but available to purchase on her present tour. Beautiful storytelling to go with that gorgeous voice.

6 Likes

Argh love the picture Dread.I love Reggae as well but no way am I up on it like you are but I love seeing your posts here and the information about the artists …Don’t know the Dennis Brown but If You Want Blood is incredible isn’t it…I have never heard such a recording with captures the energy of a band like that album …it’s a bit bright and raw but so exciting.

2 Likes

Time To Kick Out The Jams!

Not an original Elektra but a pretty decent (although not heard an original) unedited Sundazed re issue

:heart:

14 Likes

Playing on Vinyl

5 Likes

Clive, they have a double live album from 1976 called Live At The Carnegie Hall. Well worth listening to. Scheherazade Is a great track in all of its nearly glorious 30 minutes long.

3 Likes

I know what you mean about If You Want Blood being bright. I have a recording of AC/DC in concert at around the same time, which I might have taken from the Tommy Vance radio show. It’s better than the If You Want Blood album principally because it’s not so bright (although some of that might be because it is only recorded on a TDK-D cassette, which was all I could afford at the time). It still retains the high energy that was always AC/DC in the Bon Scott era. I must bring it down and play it to ensure it is as I recall.

2 Likes

Thanks Tabbycat, as unlikely companions those two albums might seem they conjur special memories which I touched upon in the post.

Words Of Wisdom is one of Dennis Brown’s most well known albums from his period with producer Joe Gibbs. The LP I pictured is a US pressing, the more familar cover from Joe Gibbs and UK pressings is this one…

Give it a go, its readily available on streaming platforms
:heart:

2 Likes

A lady who needs no introduction, nor reason for playing. Cos she’s brilliant.

Take Me To The Land Of Hell
Yoko/Plastic Ono Band
Chimera Music

4 Likes

Thanks, Tony. I see that it’s on Qobuz, so I’ll mark it as a favourite to be played when I’m again in the mood for some Annie Haslam.

The copy I was listening too was a 2003 Gearge Marino (I think) remaster sounding anything but bright

More loft loot. Sounds pretty good, given its age and the storage conditions.

7 Likes

It was @Tabbycat who described it as ‘bright’ and I’m inclined to agree with him, but that doesn’t detract from it being a great snapshot of the sheer intensity of AC/DC live. I must have seen them shortly after this and just before Bon died. Although I have Back in Black, I lost interest in the band after Bon left us.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Maciej Obara Quartet - Frozen Silence

Maciej Obara (Alto Saxophone), Dominik Wania (Piano), Ole Morten Vågan (Double Bass) and Gard Nilssen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with this recent release, September 7th, from Maciej and he and the talented members of the quartet are sounding sublime! …a lovely album to ease into this damp, cool and overcast morning.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Prefab Sprout - The Best Of… A Life Of Surprises
Vinyl

I don’t own many “Best Of’s” but this is a belter.

12 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying some Steven Wilson.

With a full shutdown and moving boxes, I needed to test all sources were working properly. The NDX2 being last on that list and sounding simply wonderful😊

15 Likes

Lauryn Hill - Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill - CD

17 Likes

23 Likes

Its a very valid point well made, i’ll send it back.

1 Like

Richard Rowntree has just died so what else but this

23 Likes