What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

So have I, Kev. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Love a bit of Samara

Once Taylor’s finished showing off i’ll put this on

8 Likes

Now playing…

Craig Taborn - Shadow Plays

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Friday morning with another album from Craig and he is sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

Finishing off more epic film scores with The Lord of the Rings & The Two Towers by Howard Shore

7 Likes

Just found these 3 volumes of Prince 12" mixes. There probably bootlegs, just says PD Records 2006 which obviously cant mean public domain as the music isnt old enough.

3 Likes

Time for a bit of The Sylv. Original 1987 vinyl pressing:

20 Likes

Samara’s still waiting in the wings.

This just arrived. :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome.

3 Likes

What is it Jamie?

OMD Bauhaus Staircase

Ltd version (though not that limited I think) from their website.

Only 5 tracks in but it is ace!

4 Likes

Tinariwen - Amadjar

This is still one of favourite albums of theirs.

11 Likes

Vinyl. This is lovely imho.

Andrés Segovia 1st Marquis of Salobreña (21 February 1893 – 2 June 1987) was a Spanish virtuoso classical guitarist. Many professional classical guitarists were either students of Segovia or students of Segovia’s students.”

“After World War II, Segovia became among the first to endorse nylon strings, instead of catgut strings. That advancement allowed for greater tonal stability and was the final ingredient in the standardization of the instrument”. Wiki.

9 Likes

Reminds me of a song…

:heart:

16 Likes

Once you start Sylving, it’s difficult to stop. Original 1984 vinyl pressing of his first solo outing:

20 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Eagles, Hotel California. Qobuz.

25 Likes

I believe the chap on ‘Parlogram Auctions’ reckons it’s the best pressing of Magical Mystery Tour. Would you agree @Charles64?

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds, sixth or seventh play and still finding it most enjoyable, but still haven’t listened to the blu-ray yet.

17 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for posting this. Really enjoying it.

Change of mind.