What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

What a coincidence, I’m playing this now and was just about to post!

This show has really brought a smile to my face so many times in recent weeks.

What a fantastic cast they’ve assembled, for me it has to be the best spin-off show from the original series - just love the humour that’s been injected into so many episodes, along with much darker themes in others.

6 Likes

Well after a healthy dose of tongue-in-cheek cheese…

I may be going from the sublime to the ridiculous, or maybe the other way around?

Bizarre.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Craig Taborn - Avenging Angel

Craig Taborn (Steinway Piano)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this sunny and cold Friday morning with this solo album from Craig Taborn and he is sounding sublime! …My wife and I had the opportunity to see him perform last evening in a small venue a few blocks from our house with about 100 other people. Life is sweet!

7 Likes

You and me both! Aged instantly

1 Like

Saw him a few times live around this time, never anything less than amazing, what an artist.

1 Like

On first listen sounds good

1 Like

Some more from his Raship. Cosmos from the mid 70s with a cut down Arkestra (well 12) recorded in France. Fab - runs the usual gamut from Ellingtonia to free blowing. On splendid Let Them Eat Vinyl reissue.

6 Likes

Made a few really minor adjustments to speaker position and wow, Coltrane sounding epic.

Aisha, sublime.

7 Likes

LVB. Charity Shop Vinyl. Very nice.

7 Likes

I’m under orders to follow Diamonds & Pearls with Mrs Dread’s favourite Prince album. I better comply else I wont get any dinner.

This ones the 2015 Paisley Park remaster overseen by Prince
:heart:

18 Likes

Thanks @HappyListener for the recommendation. Ordered.

No wonder I keep losing records, you been nicking my boxes!

3 Likes

1970 - (2021 reissue) - May Blitz - self titled debut😎

7 Likes

Swifty🙂

Oh my God, who is she…?

Big time wall of sound stuff.

In fact rather epic.

5 Likes

I think its a Warner

1 Like

Travis Kelce’s girlfriend, IIRC. :wink:

1 Like

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush - CD

33 Likes

Aw thanks @Tony – I’ve been missing her.

3 Likes

I don’t normally like Xmas albums, but as far as I’m concerned, Samara can sing the bloody phone book. There’s no singer better than her right now. And she’s still only 23.

11 Likes