What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Great music. Perfect pressing. No snap, crackle, or pops.

8 Likes

The Family, The Family, 1985.

In here is the first ever release of Nothing Compares 2 U (track 6).

Sinéad O’Connor made Nothing Compares 2 U a worldwide hit in 1990, as you probably know.

Playing it now because it just arrived from eBay, I wanted even more this CD after the sad passing away of Sinéad in July. Great memories.

2 Likes

That’s pleasing to hear. I bought the CD because the reviews I saw of the early releases all seemed to flag up pressing faults. A great record in any format, thankfully.

1 Like

Kristina Train, rayon city. Taking the tip from @Neil-26 @HappyListener & @Pete_the_painter. First try. Sweet. Thank you. :blush:

4 Likes

Always surprised that this band never seem to get mentioned here.

Wild Beasts, tonight I’m listening to the live album “Last night all my dreams came true”.

Was lucky enough to be at their break up / final concert, which was absolutely amazing, and which forms most of this album.

1 Like

17 Likes

Alison Krauss & Union Station, lonely runs both ways. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

How was your original? Mine was scratched to **** from the off which really annoyed, should have taken it back. Pretty certain the Linn Axis didn’t cause it!

I buy a lot of Cherry Red and ACE albums and sometimes they take me a fair time to get rip them and I wonder whether I should curb my purchases.

Then when I get to rip them the question seems superfluous.

Another great cherry red compilation :grin:

.sjb

10 Likes

Goldfrapp, the love invention. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

I bought it the day it came out, and it was fine, quiet as a mouse. Once into my 20s I really started looking after records so my copy is still perfect to this day.

2 Likes

Must have had a bad copy as I got it on release too.

Still sounded amazing.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Joss Stone, the soul sessions. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

The Mortal Coil, it’ll end in tears. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Kate Bush - Never For Ever - CD

Having just been reading the Old Computer Memories, Stories and Experiences
thread and watching the official Kate Bush Babooshka Video provided by @Alley_Cat it just had to be this, Enjoy

26 Likes

Hi ID,

Yes, it’s certainly impressive and you can hear how it differs to other presses, certain songs more than others. The UK 1976 and the original EP both lack the full dynamic range of the German one. Paul’s playing is beautifully presented, not overly etched like some of Giles mixes.

I’ve got a few others, US, Canadian and French and they are even further below the German gold standard.

Definitely worth tracking down.

4 Likes

@Clive - A Show of Hands - great album that benefits from being a single disc. I remember the shock the first time I heard this version of ‘Closer To The Heart’. Still love it.

1 Like

The Byrds. Mr. Tambourine man.
Jangly start to Saturday morning with this fine debut.

21 Likes

Charles Mingus, The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, 1963.

This year was the 60 aniversary of this record. I believe it was extremely political at the time of release, others say a work of love and struggle. It sounds today full of emotion in my room.

Many also say the best from Mingus and I agree.

18 Likes