What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

8 Likes

It was only released in the last couple of weeks. It’s very good - I think a step up from Life is the Dancer, his previous record, which is all I have heard of him.

1 Like

Not a name that pops up that often on the forum, but another great artist, not heard this one yet, just ordered it! Out of the Ashes from 2006 is also worth a listen.

1 Like

This 3-CD box set from 2013 contains some of the very best Elvis material ever committed to tape. It documents a few days back in 1973, when The King and some buddies, free of the Colonel’s malign presence, hotfooted it down to Stax’s studios in Memphis to make some music.

The results were fiery, funky high-sprited and uninhibited. Everyone in the studio, the King most of all, sounds like they’re having the time of their lives.

10 Likes

Extremely high res album…

6 Likes

11 Likes

:heart:

6 Likes

Always been sceptical about the benefits of upgrading power leads. Trialling an Audioquest NRG Z on the Nova. Sceptic no more - Gillian has moved a foot nearer. Quite astonishing.

12 Likes

Warming up early evening with some fiery Hammond and sax led hard bop from Mr Chase. On early 90s Moles vinyl. Luvverly uncomplicated stuff.

6 Likes

Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk

Just magnificent!

15 Likes

Didn’t feel so much like Shostakovich which I had selected before, so now switched to this one…

4 Likes

Sounds like a great adventure.
A never ending vacation. That would be nice.

1 Like

Pat Metheny / Lyle Mays - As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls - CD

17 Likes

2012 clear vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

18 Likes

Santana - Borboletta.

19 Likes

Dipped my toe into a good prog album

2 Likes

Now a master in jazz

9 Likes
3 Likes

Well where to start tonight - vinyl and heavy I think……

Fear Factory - Digimortal

3 Likes

Playing on vinyl

11 Likes