What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Pink Floyd. The early years Devi/ation. 1970
There’s some very good material on this box including Atom heart mother live. Streaming in the background while I do things.
Saw them live at Mothers, Birmingham around this time.

Qobuz

9 Likes

81hsuIAqI+L.AC_UY436_QL65

OMD - Bauhaus Staircase. First listen for me to the whole album. Off to see them perform some of the songs live on Wednesday night.

9 Likes

Joe Sample Spellbound / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795711

Joe Sample Keyboards
Marcus Miller Bass
Michael Landau Guitar
Omar Hakim Drums
Al Jarreau Vocals Somehow Our Love Survives
Michael Franks Vocals Leading Me Back To You
Take 6 Vocals U-Turn

8 Likes

Jessi Colter, Edge Of Forever. A awesome album! Qobuz.

4 Likes

Yes, A Time to Remember is great - an @seakayaker tip I seem to remember. This one’s just out, written while he was stuck in Egypt during the pandemic.

2 Likes

Dont often post singles but I do like this slice of contemporary Lovers Rock from EchoSlim, featuring Crys Alexandra riding a cut of Eric Donaldson’s Cherry Oh Baby riddim

Streaming…

Eric Donaldson sings 20 Jamaica Classics
Includes Cherry Oh Baby and other good stuff

:heart:

4 Likes

No reason needed to listen to La Lee…

11 Likes

Playing on vinyl @ really enjoying

10 Likes

Disc: 2

1 Who’s That Coming (Acoustic outtake from Tattoo album sessions 1973)
2 Should’ve Learnt My Lesson (Acoustic outtake from Deuce album sessions 1971)
3 Prison Blues (Unreleased track from Blueprint album sessions 1973)
4 Secret Agent (Unreleased acoustic version from RTE Irish TV 1976)
5 Blow Wind Blow (Unreleased WNCR Cleveland radio session from 1972)
6 Bankers Blues (Outtake from the Blueprint album sessions 1973)
7 Whole Lot Of People (Acoustic outtake from Deuce album sessions 1971)
8 Loanshark Blues (Unreleased acoustic version from German TV 1987)
9 Pistol Slapper Blues (Unreleased acoustic version from Irish TV 1976)
10 Can’t Be Satisfied (Unreleased Radio FFN session from 1992)
11 Want Ad Blues (Unreleased RTE Radio Two Dave Fanning session 1988)
12 Walkin’ Blues (Unreleased acoustic version from RTE Irish TV 1987)

Blues - Rory Gallagher.

Disc 2 from this 3 disc boxset … … … the acoustic one … … … just stunning … … … Belter, in fact. :musical_note: :notes:

14 Likes

Now playing…

David Torn - Sun Of Goldfinger

David Torn (Electric Guitar, Live Looping, Electronics), Tim Berne (Alto Saxophone), Ches Smith (Drums, Electronics, Tanbou), Craig Taborn (Electronics, Piano), Amy Kimball (Violin), Rachel Golub (Violin), Martha Mooke (Viola), Leah Coloff (Cello), Mike Baggetta (Guitar) and Ryan Ferreira (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this beautiful Monday morning with David’s ‘Sun of Goldfinger’ and David with his talented group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet!

Also a couple pictures for @igahman of blue skies and sunshine from yesterday!

Space Needle and Mount Rainer

Community P-Patch Queen Anne Neighborhood - Seattle

19 Likes

Sorry, not familiar with that album cover.
What is this one please?

The King’s finest album, on an excellent RCA CD with bonus cuts:

13 Likes

When I return from my travels it is going to be first on my list.

1 Like

Been digging into the roots of Love Of The Common People, written by John Hurley, first recorded by The Four Preps, followed by Everly Bro’s, Wayne Newton which I couldnt find (except on youtube), a 1969 Soul obscurity by The Winstons which I havent seen mention of that I found on Qobuz, before appearing on John Hurley Sings About People 1970

On Qobuz…

:heart:

5 Likes

Better than the first imo Andy and ordered.
Have you posted any travel pics anywhere?

1 Like

If it’s good enough for you it’s good enough for me. I absolutely loved their first album.

No travel pics posted as I am solo on the road - just arrived in a very sunny 20c San Sebastián over the border in Spain following a leisurely ferry this morning from Royan to skip Bordeaux and a pootle through the back coast roads. Yesterday I drove down from my gaff in Deauville via Le Mans and tomorrow a short journey to Valladolid then the next day a long haul down to Mijas for four days of golf.

How I am getting back I don’t know - in fact I might do a Bob Dylan and just stay on the road.

3 Likes

4 Likes

OK; first up, I am not a Duran Duran fan!
So, we heard them on last weeks Graham Norton and they sounded pretty decent…:face_with_peeking_eye:
Giving this new release of theirs a play to see if it is pretty decent or whether I’m losing the plot😉

4 Likes

After I left my appreciative comment, James, I read the liner notes for the first time. I’ve picked a few lines from the first page of the CD booklet:

“Let this record show that I am a white, middle-class Englishman, openly trespassing on the music and myth of the American south.”

“If that weren’t bad enough, I’m also and actor: one of those pampered ninnies who can’t find his way through an airport without a babysitter.”

"…so why listen to an actor’s music?

The answer is - there is no answer. If you care about pedigree, then you should try elsewhere, because I have nothing in your size."

So he, at least, seems to have awareness of the lack of authenticity in his (to my mind, very enjoyable) music.

1 Like

Classic 1970’s Swiss hard rock

3 Likes