What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

1 Like

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells, a remaster from '00 on hdcd.

23 Likes

Great, intricate lines especially on ‘Johnny come home’.

14 Likes

More Band On The Run era Macca.
This time, disc 2 of the Archive Collection version.

20 Likes

11 Likes

The album with ‘Cheap Sunglasses’! The live version of this track on ‘Rancho Texicano - The Very Best of ZZ Top’ was my introduction to the band.

1 Like

Many years since I listened to this. I had forgotten what a great album it is.

26 Likes

I tend to play Argus and other single albums but this morning, a damp foggy one here, I dug this vinyl record. It turns out to be a first pressing which suggests how long I have had it, and apart from needing a bit of a clean, the sound is astonishing and perfect as I get stuck into some work.

13 Likes

Supertramp - Even in the Quietest Moments

I bought a copy of this yesterday on vinyl, but fancied listening to it when I woke up😊

25 Likes

Some appropriate Beatles reading and listening for this coming week.

Great fan’s perspective book it is, too.

7 Likes

Up and ready for the day, chores done and thinking about what to do for dinner.
Gone with another first listen of an album from Riverside’s back catalog. Eye of the Soundscape

4 Likes

Bruce Springsteen

Human Touch

Edward

15 Likes

The Ruts - The Crack/Grin n Bear It

Twofer CD (and on Qobuz) of The Ruts first two albums, still sounding brilliant and my favourites being the Punky Reggae tracks including the classic and very sad moving ode to trying to kick Heroin (which took Malcolm Owen far too young) the Punk Dub of Love In Vain (Vein).

:heart:

9 Likes

Some Millennial Psycho-Delia to lively up…

Brian Jonestown Massacre
The Real
Ausgang
10" 45
0147/1000

5 Likes

@Alley_Cat

“What a coincidence, I’m playing this now and was just about to post!

This show has really brought a smile to my face so many times in recent weeks.

What a fantastic cast they’ve assembled, for me it has to be the best spin-off show from the original series - just love the humour that’s been injected into so many episodes, along with much darker themes in others.”

Brilliant show, one of the best Star Trek spinoffs.

Have you watched the musical episode “Subspace Rhapsody” (season two, episode nine) what do you think of it and all the songs, I love it, brilliant episode.

I have the album, bought from Qobuz - 24/44.1.

Edward

2 Likes

It’s an album called And They have Escaped, by an Icelandic musician named OLAFUR ARNALDS.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Yes, I watched it quite late the first time and was simply amazed, the next day I had to watch it again.

Mrs AC enjoyed it too a few days later, and as we were finishing that my daughter stuck her head around the corner and asked if it was a Star Trek musical. She’s enjoying the series too, but has not got to the second season, though we skipped to the musical episode with her a few days later as there were only a few minor spoilers I think viewing it out of order (which will be more relevant when seen in context in the earlier episodes).

I was surprised to see they’d released the soundtrack, but found it on Qobuz too, it’s currently in my basket along with a few other things.

Naturally, it’s a short musical and very ‘musical theatre’ so won’t appeal to many ‘purists’ who will regard it as a bit silly and cheesy, but as I said it brought a smile to my face.

The Ruts DC vs Mad Professor vs Zion Train - Rhythm Collision Vol1 & Remix Versions (Select Cuts 2CD)

Following The Ruts with Ruts DC. After the passing of Michael Owen the band came back as Ruts DC with an even stronger Dub/Reggae influence, hooking up with Mad Professor for the classic Rhythm Collision dub LP.

This is a 2002 2CD re issue and restoration of the original album with 12" mixes and a second disc with new (at the time) remix by Zion Train. Also on Qobuz

6 Likes

And you cant play Ruts without following with their comrades at the People Unite Collective, Label and squat in Southall…

Misty In Roots- Live At The Counter Eurovision '79 (People Unite LP 1979)

See-Them-Ah-Come

7 Likes