What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

According to the blurb on Qobuz, the Crypt Kickers were an all star band that included many famous folks including Leon Russell.
The song was also banned by the BBC for being too morbid

:heart:

6 Likes

Led Zeppelin - III - CD

If my information is correct, today in 1970 was the start of a 4 week run at No 1 in the US charts, so seems appropriate to give it an outing.

35 Likes

Back in my mispent yoof, for the crack we went in a local village graveyard on a dark, wet night, ate mushrooms, played this on a portable cassette and freaked ourselves out.
Donggg…Dongggg…Dongggg…as I stepped over a grave, a mate hid behind a gravestone hooked my ankle with a branch he’d snapped off a tree, and I pissed my trousers!

Ive never been right in the head since :joy:

:mushroom::mushroom::japanese_ogre::scream:

29 Likes

Kitchens of Distinction - Strange Free World

2 Likes

Joking aside, I think its fair to say that Mikey did help The Clash get exposure and acceptance amongst Jamaican musicians, producers etc. As much as The Clash might have helped bring Mikey to a wider audience. And Mikey’s productions and mentoring The Clash ina reggae n dub stylee contributed significantly, without Mikey I doubt The Clash would have developed and been anywhere near as good with their reggae stylings.
Legend has it that they wanted to work with Lee Scratch Perry, when they met him Paul Simonon asked what he thought of their version of Police & Thieves, “You ruined it!” Scratch replied and that was about it until hooking up with Mikey, so I dont think his influence can be understated.

He also helped them escape from a potentially lethal encounter with some Jamaican gunmen. Again according to legend, whilst hanging out at Channel One, Mikey arrived one day and got them to safety after a local gang had heard of some UK rock band on their turf and believing them to be wealthy were heading down armed and after payolla.

4 Likes

Ten Year After | Watt | 1970
Because in my head I’ve had Alvin Lee’s buzzy guitar playing I’m Coming Home

11 Likes

17 Likes

Joking aside I totally agree :+1:

1 Like

This sounds stunning on Qobuz. 17 years old this year according to my daughter. Where did the time go? We used to play the CD in the car. It’s still on the shelf. Happy days.

1 Like

Lee Hazlewood compilation from ACE records.

.sjb

8 Likes

Staying with Jackie

10 Likes

R-3141422-1337609017-4091
https://www.discogs.com/master/29489-Ten-Years-After-Ssssh/image

Ten Years After | Sssh | 1969

14 Likes

Wilco Johnson/Roger Daltrey - Going Back Home.

15 Likes

Jamiroquai - Synkronized - 1999

I might need a sit down after typing that out, but here we go …
A Danish flatmate in London used to play them/him endlessly. Her even more beautiful friends danced around the kitchen to Canned Heat quite a lot. It’s not all about the music sometimes …

6 Likes

As our all things Reggae expert esteemed Dreadatthecontrols posted this earlier…what better to get into the Halloween evening with my copy
Playing on vinyl on Greensleeves …Thanks Dread for your passion with the Reggae :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

10 Likes

Neil Young - Harvest Moon - CD

28 Likes

After listening to a report of the COVID enquiry an antidote is required and the nutty boys nail it with their good times vibe. Madness - The Rise & Fall - a gem!

12 Likes

Just thinking - The Ruts what does the DC stand for?

Death City? Down (with) Capitalism?

No it’s Da Capo

1 Like

Robin Trower | Live | 1976
I’m going to have to improve and edit the album art on this.

8 Likes