What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Rock n Roll/John Lennon

19 Likes

Johnny Cash - Unchained - CD

20 Likes

Jazz Jamaica (The Workshop) (Studio One CD)

Nice official Studio One re issue of an album first released in 1962. This is pure Jazz including the core members who would go on to form The Skatalites. The Skatalites formed around 1963/64 so this album is a nice window into the Jazz music being played at the time prior to The Skatalites and Ja’s first wholly original musical form and identity Ska.

Lloyd Mason- Bass, Carl Mcleod - Drums, Ernest Ranglin- Guitar, Cecil Lloyd - Piano, Roland Alphonso, Tommy McCook - Tenors, Don Drummond - Trombone, Billy Cooke - Trumpet

Original LP’s even if found clean will cost a bankers bonus but I expect this worthwile CD can be found relatively inexpensively.

:heart:

2 Likes

Second listen over a cup of tea and a couple of Strawberries & Cream flavoured Custard Cream’s…:yum:

13 Likes

‘The Unforgettable Fire’ - U2

Warming up after a stormy day. Love the Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois production.

24 Likes

First play…

2010 Analogue Productions Mono 45rpm double vinyl, sounding lovely… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Harry Mudie meets King Tubby In Dub Conference vol3 (Moodisc 1978)

:heart:

2 Likes

Having miraculously escaped the worst of the storm on the south coast, enjoying these three this afternoon !

16 Likes

Lovely jazz guitar album whilst sitting beside a warm fire on a cold, wet miserable day.

5 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

13 Likes

Loving on CD

13 Likes

Bit of a live Coltrane session starting. Currently a thunderous rendition of Alabama - real heartfelt emotion. You don’t need words to make a great protest song. On chunky Jasmine vinyl.

13 Likes

Norah Jones, Feels Like Home. Qobuz.

21 Likes

The Beatles - Now and Then / Love Me Do

I’ve listened twice so far and I’m very much enjoying it.

12 Likes

Shel Silverstein - Boy Named Sue - CD

Having listened to Johnny Cash earlier, the song " Boy Named Sue" came to mind. so why not listen to the writer of the song and his version.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Maciej Obara Quartet - Frozen Silence

Maciej Obara (Alto Saxophone), Dominik Wania (Piano), Ole Morten Vågan (Double Bass) and Gard Nilssen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with another spin of this recent release, September 7th,along with Dominik, Ole and Gard, are sounding sublime! …a lovely way to ease into the day after a lovely sleep in.

7 Likes

SatinJazz
A wonderful easy-listening jazz Internet Radio station - unless you are gynophobic.
Been listening all day.

2 Likes

cover-3

Marillion - An Hour Before It’s Dark

11 Likes