What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed - 2002 - ABKCO SACD 90042

Would you believe my first RS album. What a way to start :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s had many spins.

30 Likes

I use Moode Audio (basically an MPD server) on a Raspberry PI connected to my system. You can add radio stations via the web interface (as long as you have the stream url).

Too advanced for me (a raspberry is something you blow or eat with cream) just phone or tablet Bluetoofed into my Bluesound.
Tried your link but all I get is this…

Might see if theres anything more I can do with my BluOs (Blusound app)

Otherwise Ive always just streamed direct from the website

1 Like

Because it’s my favourite PJ Harvey. Opted for the easy Qobuz option.

17 Likes

Sticking with Ray …

CD rip|2020

20 Likes

Soz, should have said the web interface on the Moode software is what enables stations to be added to the library. Your streamer would need to support adding internet radio stations

1 Like

Ok cheers, web streaming does the job, maybe not as good audio quality?

1 Like

Nice piece here on some of the great names in Jazz that came from Alpha

Dedicated to anyone who thinks Ja music all sounds the same wiv that 'orrible reggie :wink:

:heart:

1 Like

It’s the same stream so quality should be the same. Modern Bluetooth protocol is also perfectly fine for audiophile hifi imo. I just like having my music plus radio streams all in one place when i’m browsing for something to listen to.

1 Like

Now and Then - Beatles
41y73M-ZyJL.UXNaN_FMwebp_QL85

Just a fantastic song, better than expected.

There are more feelings and power to hear than in any song an actually overhyped Blues Rock Coverband had done in the last 50 years :wink:

10 Likes

Hasn’t dated well but I still love it, there’s some great highlights hidden in that pop. :grin:

1 Like

Not available here yet.

1 Like

The web stream is improving lately due to investment, it used to be quite buggy, well still is I think but less so, sometimes just freezes and have to restart my tablet.
Alternatively there are some interesting podcasts like this one and some mixes up on Soundcloud.

2 Likes

takes some time to swim to a land down under :wink:

2 Likes

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill - CD

21 Likes

Hi @Dreadatthecontrols,

Here 'tis:

Within the Naim app > Internet Radio > Genre > Reggae > Jamaica > take yer pick!

Then, > “Add to Favourites” > press “yes” to add as a preset.

It’s then in both your favourites and also in favourites within “internet radio”

Gwan, mon.

2 Likes

Cheers Dave
I dont have a Naim app, the only streaming option I have is Bluesound Node 2i with the BluOs app or direct from the website which sounds ok.

Otherwise its beer mat or strictly gramophone business I man a deal wid

Bless up

4 Likes

2 Likes

Burning Spear - Living Dub Vol 1

5 Likes

Nice Trojan beer mat from 2006 dedicated to Alpha…

2 Likes