What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Prompted by a recent episide of Bosch Legacy series 2 and just got a round tooit.
For Memphis Soul Stew which played in the episide

Or the live version…

:heart:

6 Likes

I have the VIRUS series, excellent!

1 Like

18 Likes

Before

5 Likes

‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ - The Beatles

Wasn’t impressed with ‘Now and Then’ so heading back into safer territory. What a magnificent track ‘Within You Without You’ is.

29 Likes

Badfinger - Day After Day Live.
Recorded during a tour of the USA in 1974.
1990 CD - Rip to FLAC. Sound Quality is very good.
Original band member Joey Molland is stilling performing the bands songs to this day and sounding really good.

7 Likes

Currently enjoying the concert of the Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall…

5 Likes

Joanne Shaw Taylor – Blues From The Heart Live (CD and Blu-ray).

JST is supported in both production and performances by Joe Bonamassa (and the team around him). This is blues-rock at the harder end, which can often land as an assault on the senses, especially live albums, as there’s just too much going on to separate things and differentiate vocals etc. And so it is here on most of the tracks, not helped by JST playing and doing the vocals, the latter often recessed by the mix. It’s a shame, as her voice is pretty strong when it’s allowed to be. The one thing you don’t want to do is to turn up the volume to get more vocal, as the assault element just increases.

It’s OK/good, but nowhere near the production quality of Joe & Beth’s Live In Amsterdam CD/Blu-rays.

I think I’ll stick to watching the Blu-ray.

6 Likes

Thin Lizzy - Black Rose: A Rock Legend.
Absolute classic rock album.

20 Likes

The White Stripes, Elephant. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

Just put 3 year old grandson to bed with some marvelous snuggle down reading material.

Now some big boy story telling from the other side of the tracks. Tom Waits -Swordfishtrombones. Very quietly tho so as not to risk the wrath of No 1 Daughter!

10 Likes
1 Like

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides, 1999

2 Likes

Labi Siffre - Man of Reason, on CD from 1991

English born singer/songwriter, with a talent for cleanly articulated and expressive lyrics, wrapped around tunes of soul/funk/folk and soft-rock styles. A very good listen IMHO and production isn’t at all bad.

5 Likes

Alabama 3. Cold War classics vol 2
First play. Lo fi stream.

7 Likes

One of those tracks that just gets better with time.
They also use it to good effect on the Love album.

3 Likes

Amazing how well it meshed with the drums from “Tomorrow Never Knows” on that project :+1:

2 Likes

‘Rattlesnakes’ - Lloyd Cole and The Commotions

Heading back to 1984 as recommended by @Anonymoot

15 Likes

Kev

If you didnt know there is Bobby Gentry night on BBC 4 on TV tonight starting at 8.30 …I know you are a massive fan …will definitely be recording it myself.

5 Likes

s-l500
Jimmy Nail - Growing Up In Public.

8 Likes