What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

It was an impressive project and sounds better as time passes.

1 Like

Ella Fitzgerald / Oscar Peterson - Ella And Oscar - CD

14 Likes

21 Likes

R-8366477-1460214983-5540
Diane Birch - Bible Belt.

11 Likes

Prince & The New Power Generation, Diamonds and Pearls, remastered 2023.

I remember the day in 1991 when I bought this CD with incredible detail, it was a very, very good day. Then it was a favorite for many, many years and still is, it connects me to fantastic memories and the music itself is wonderful: playful, quality, innovation.

So I bought the 2023 version expecting to be somehow disappointed, but not the case at all.

I like it immensely, it is different but better in my opinion, and I am going through it discovering even more details. Listening to it is bittersweet for many personal reasons, but above all remains the party feeling, the fun.

I am surprised and really enjoying it, and thinking that myself and my stereo have changed much more than this remaster after all.

17 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

17 Likes

Semisonic: Little Bit of Sun

So good to have these guys back with more of Dan Wilson’s compositions

3 Likes

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily.

21 Likes

As Qobuz reminds us this was Folk Roots’ album of the decade (80s). It really is that good.

8 Likes

What a great listen - can’t understand the Qobuz notes stating it was rejected by the record company.

1 Like

Ahhhh!

One of the most lovely and brilliant small room jazz gigs ever.

And from the mist it loomed up…

The system is loving it tonight.

6 Likes

Yazoo, only Yazoo - the best of Yazoo. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

On vinyl:

15 Likes

More vinyl:

7 Likes

These guys seem to be getting a bit of press

The Beatles Mono Masters Vol 2

Thank god for that fateful meeting at the church that day. :grin:

23 Likes

In 1983, Manfred Eicher organized for Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette to play a 2-day studio session in Manhattan without rehearsing or pre-planning the playlist.

This album captures the part of the session where they played Jarrett originals.

It is one of the most lush, accessible and enjoyable improvised jazz studio sessions I’ve heard.

4 Likes

Inspired solo piano session making me smile this morning. :grinning:

6 Likes

The Cruel Sea The Honeymoon is Over

2 Likes

Eagles - Long Road Out Of Eden - CD

On This day in 2007 The Eagles Topped the UK Album Charts, before going on to become the highest selling album of the year.

22 Likes

Haven’t played that for years, I should revisit it. But it’s a bit of a mixed bag though.

1 Like