What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Another wonderful recording of the German label MPS. Classical music is a genre they are less known for than for Jazz.

5 Likes

Missed this one nearly 20 years ago!

4 Likes

And onto something a little more recent….

6 Likes

This is my favorite Art Tatum album which gives an excellent overview about the musical magic, this genius was able to create with the piano. There are a lot of anecdotes about Tatum. One is this: Vladimir Horowitz was recording in a New York studio when suddenly the door opened and Tatum came in as he was the next artist on the recording schedule. Horowitz, who had never met Art Tatum before, asked who that was. The manager responded: That is God.

Reportedly Horowitz, after having heard Tatum playing, said, if he had chosen classical music he’d be a world class pianist as well.

6 Likes

Eagles - Desperado
From The Eagles Legacy box set.

18 Likes

Listened to this on my way into Cambridge this morning.

2nd play and definitely enjoyed it more this time.

5 Likes

Some easy and great Saturday morning tunes from a master… and the ProAcs are starting to sound truly wonderful! Bit of experimenting with positioning but think I’ve got it about right.

13 Likes

Eagles - On The Border
From The Legacy Box Set
Beautiful box set with the studio albums contained in one book and the live albums in the other book. The whole thing weighs a ton! Only let down is that there are no album covers.

12 Likes

Going through a late Floyd / Gilmour listening phase for some reason.

G

22 Likes

Picked up from RP this morning, so giving the whole album a try, indie ditties on piano. A mixed bag to be fair, some just don’t work. Only Shallow by MBV on the ivories?
This track has some real charm though.

3 Likes

Don’t know whether it’s talking or singing but whatever it is it works beautifully on this debut album.

3 Likes

And why the heck not? Always loved his guitar on Marooned.

2 Likes

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home.
It’s jam packed with great tunes.

21 Likes

Also listened to it last night, quite nice

7 Likes

She has always been supportive of Ese, @Dreadatthecontrols and she is a lovely lady. I can’t believe she is nearly 70 – she must really look after herself. She’s still got it as a singer and performer too!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Joey Alexander My Favorite Things / 2015 Motéma / EU CD / 233988

5 Likes

Bought the vinyl in the 80’s but haven’t listened to it in years, thanks for reminding me! :+1:

1 Like

Ali Farka Touré/Ry Cooder - Talking Timbuktu - 1994

I’ve heard a couple of the Malian’s older albums but first play of this one. It might be grey and miserable outside …

21 Likes

Cass McCombs - Tip Of The Sphere. Released in 2019, I find Cass McCombs albums slowly grow on you and this is no different.

3 Likes