What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On Vinyl:

Eagles - Self tittled album

15 Likes

I’ll give that a play. Really enjoyed their first album, Motion, the other week.

Not imminent death, but a reality check.
It would seem that the ‘Countdown Clock’ has started. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
It was not unexpected, but I’ve got years in me yet. Though these things can’t be stopped, no one lives forever after all, the clock can be slowed a bit. :wink:
Anyway, back to the music and my favourite Beethoven Boxset.

14 Likes

Spirit Power: The Best of Johnny Marr

2 Likes

IMG_0645

5 Likes

Streaming from Qobuz, sounds pretty good

21 Likes

“The meeting of such unconventional musicians was always going to result in a pretty incredible piece of work, but confronting such strong identities and getting them to work together was not a given. For the past three years, Philippe Petit and Fernando Corona have regularly played live together, undoubtedly refining their collaboration with each new performance and finding the right balance between their respective sound worlds. The result is this album which equally finds its roots in Murcof’s modern classical influences and Petit’s coarse post modernist soundscaping”

1 Like

Most definitely not an old boiler :wink:

:heart:

4 Likes

Now playing…

Wayne Horvitz - Some places are forever afternoon.

Wayne Horvitz (piano, Hammond B3, electronics), Ron Miles (cornet), Peggy Lee (cello), Sara Schoenbeck (bassoon), Timothy Young (guitar), Keith Lowe (bass) and Eric Eagle (drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this cool, wet and windy morning with Wayne Horvitz supported by a fabulous group of musicians. It has been a year since I last gave this a spin and the music is sounding sublime!

Wayne wrote 11 compositions based on the works of the Pacific Northwest Poet ‘Richard Hugo.’ I was fortunate to have seen the group perform twice at the time of the album release. I have a collection of Wayne’s albums and enjoy his music. This is a very enjoyable album! The album also contains a 28 page booklet with the poems and regional photographs. The poems can also be found in Richard Hugo’s book “The Car That Brought You Here Still Runs.”

Life is sweet and so is poetry & music!

6 Likes

On Vinyl:
71CTNTsmI5L.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

6 Likes

I think it starts the day we are born - but at that point it seems such a long way off! As we get older and things don’t always work as they should is when we think of it a little bit more. Then we really start thinking when something goes seriously wrong! All the best to you - but for now put some Rush or Dream Theatre on and have a good listening session

4 Likes

Here’s a suggestion @QuickSticks

Dream Theatre - Systematic Chaos

Must say it sounds rather good on my little system……

6 Likes

Listening to this album on Qobuz. Great bit of skiffle music and as always first class vocals from Van and fantastic musicians. Backing vocals are very clear. Very good recording adds to the pleasure!

6 Likes

Feels like it should be on vinyl tbh. CD for me though.

1 Like

Lettuce: Rage!

2 Likes

Goose cover of I Would Die For You
Red Rocks 2023

Lorne Balfe - Mission: Impossible. Dead reckoning - Part one

5 Likes

Frank Sinatra - Songs For Swinging Lovers - CD

20 Likes

Alice Coltrane. World Spirituality Classics 1. 2017

9 Likes

Taking this for a second spin, back to back.
Chilled acoustic Americana. Sound like they did in person earlier this year.
Bringing a warm glow to a dark rainy Saturday afternoon.

Cowboy Junkies - Acoustic Junk

12 Likes