What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

4 Likes

25th Anniversary set

3 Likes

a-ha. 2X CD live unplugged. Lovely.

With guests: Alison Moyet, Ian McCulloch, Lissie.

MTV Unplugged: Summer Solstice is a live album by the Norwegian band a-ha, released on 6 October 2017 as part of the MTV Unplugged series. It was recorded live at the Harbour Hall at Ocean Sound Recordings in Giske, Norway, on 22 and 23 June 2017.” WIKI.

13 Likes

Reminds me to dig out some Passport.

Diamonds and Pearls - 2023 super deluxe.

Part the way through the 7 hours of classic diminutive Purple Ones 90’s mega album and extras! All good so far …

18 Likes

Interesting and what a coincidence.
Saw this posted elsewhere today. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Just spent the last 40 minutes having a difficult conversation with my son. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

‘Duran Duran’ - Duran Duran

Brilliant debut LP - worth it just for the sublime instrumental ‘Tel Aviv’ that closes the album.

14 Likes

Salami Rose Joe Louis. Zdenka 2080.
Flying Lotus protege on his Brainfeeder label. 2019.

1 Like

Elvis Presley, Gold Records Vol 4. CD.

7 Likes

First play for the new Craft 100% analogue master of this Brubeck classic…

9 Likes

Aldous Harding - Party. Fabulous record and stunning recording

6 Likes

‘Long After Dark’ - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Cracking set of tunes on this LP, released November '82.

14 Likes

Wagner - Parsifal

Wagner’s great final music drama in which he explores the opposing realms of lust and compassion - Sex and the Pity. Parsifal was the only work written expressly for the acoustics of his theatre in Bayreuth. The score abounds in the blended sonorities and rich harmonies of Wagner’s late style. In his final masterpiece, Wagner entered the realm where drama and religion become one.

Gurnemanz … Georg Zeppenfeld (bass)
Parsifal … Andreas Schager (tenor)
Kundry … Elīna Garanča (soprano)
Amfortas … Derek Welton (baritone)
Titurel … Tobias Kehrer (bass-baritone)
Klingsor … Jordan Shanahan (baritone)
Bayreuth Festival Chorus and Orchestra
Conductor Pablo Heras-Casado

3 Likes

I had to call a halt to proceedings from the pixie-like Purple One (for now at least)
So, on to the maudlin Manc, and a firm forum favourite, I’ll be bound :laughing: :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Never been much of a fan of Dylan, great songwriter but his voice tends to irtitate me, sorry folks
One song that I have always admired is Hurricane, his song about the boxer Rubin Hurricane Carter, I was reminded of it re-watching Norman Jewisons superb film about him.
Cant find many recordings on Qobuz, can anyone recommend a good recording of it, or the original album it was on.
Cheers

:heart:

11 Likes

First play for the new Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions/Craft/Contempory reissue of Art’s best album. Cut by Bernie G. Spectacular sound!

11 Likes

Really interesting interview with The Blackstones, well worth a listen

New album recorded at Stingray in London

:heart:

1 Like

‘Abbey Road’ – The Beatles

The Giles Martin remixed boxset. The outtakes are quite something, as is the SQ.

A particular highlight is ‘The Long One (Trial Edit & Mix – 30 July 1969)’ which is the side 2 medley but with several of the songs in a different order, and minus the orchestration and final vocals.

Once you hear this, you understand why ‘Her Majesty’ is missing its last note on the original album (it appears between ‘Mean Mr Mustard’ and ‘Polythene Pam’ on this mix, with the first ‘Pam’ chord being the last ‘Maj’ chord. Subsequently edited out and stuck back on the end of the released LP as an afterthought).

Also worth a mention – George Martin’s composition/isolated instrumental strings for ‘Something’ and the brass/strings for ‘Carry that Weight’

15 Likes

Isaac Hayes. Theme from Shaft
Just been pampering myself to a long luxurious soak in the bath relaxing to this brilliant album from iPad to Bluetooth speaker. Now off to watch the football match I recorded earlier so won’t be back on site tonight because some people, mentioning no names, @TheKevster occasionally reveal the scores on this thread.

14 Likes