What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Couldn’t agree more!

1 Like

Thanks mate.

1 Like

Welcome back @Eoink

2 Likes

Birdy, young heart. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

My condolences Eoin. From all that you have posted here, you have been a very fine and most supportive son to your mother in her recent years of need. God bless.

8 Likes

Thanks so much Steve.

3 Likes

My condolences to you, and welcome back.

3 Likes

Good to see you back, condolences🙏🏼

2 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be (2021) - 16/44 WAV download
Not quite the same as you Kev, but same sort of thing. :grinning: They were pretty good weren’t they?
I always start to listen to the title track thinking I’ve heard it so many times before, and then get sucked in by its simple beauty and end up spellbound.

24 Likes

‘Achtung Baby’ – U2

YouTube keeps feeding me wonderful current footage of their residency at The Sphere in Las Vegas. It is superb, and their set is built around this sublime album.

Even if this 2x33rpm reissue suffers from a tad too much bass boost, it’s a brilliant album. Their best! (don’t tell @krautnaimie :wink:).

19 Likes

They weren’t too bad Eoin.

4 Likes

Hard - my son is 38 today - not seen him for 15 years - keep your chin up is the best I can say - wish I could say more :heart_hands:

2 Likes

15 years😳??

I like this album, a lot of people don’t, for some unthamomable reason. The live LP is especially fine, with the 16-minute “Don’t Worry Kyoko” standing as the rawest, gutsiest, most powerful piece of primal rock ‘n’ roll ever recorded. I would love to hear the full 40-minute version. How about it, Apple/Yoko?

12 Likes

Tony Joe White | Hoodoo | 2013
Swamp blues rock from THE man. No fireworks as yet so we are probably clear tonight as far as Lucy is concerened. It’s interesting that both Lucy and poor Alfie before her, just love his music or the sound of his voice, they just utterly relax and chilli out to it.

11 Likes

Fancied some Bonnie Raitt blues

18 Likes

IMG_1464

Another from the discount CD haul and a tremendous collection of great tunes and musicianship.

17 Likes

:heart:

5 Likes

Long story mate - if you want I’ll tell @Richard.Dane you can have my email address

1 Like

Have to admit @TheKevster I don’t get it - but pleased to know someone who does!

Too many people in the Elephant Memory band for a start (forgotten them already :smiley:). Amazing what music moves us in different ways.

Sure we can agree that ‘John Sinclair’ is a great track. Rock on!

3 Likes