What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Yep that’s the best one on the studio half @Isca_Dumnoniorum

3 Likes

All the best to you @SimonDC

1 Like

Ozric Tentacles: Lotus Unfolding

I struggled with this for a few minutes until I realized it needed to be substantially louder - much better!

11 Likes

He can give you mine as well.
@Richard.Dane please take this as an official request to pass my email address to @SimonDC please.

Graeme

Totally concur with your comments as I have often thought that about that album by Diana and her other albums like Live In Paris.
I have concluded its the mastering on alot of our music which is good but when you get a recording like The Girl Next door it makes you realise how recordings are holding our systems back…if that makes sence.

I remember years ago when I had just got some big Magneplaner speakers and playing Temptation and it just blew me away…Diana was in the room singing to me.

6 Likes

Actually, the best track on that album is ‘Woman is the N!gger of the World’ which I first came across on the ‘Shaved Fish’ compilation LP as a teenager - absolutely loved it and still do.

Shamefully removed from the ‘Gimme Some Truth’ compilation reissue LP - refused to purchase it as a result.

4 Likes

Ozrics have to be loud @JMC, at least that’s how I’ve enjoyed them for nigh on 40 years :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m seeing the Ozrics in a double bill with the current incarnation of Gong in 2 weeks.

3 Likes

CD - what a voice.

IMG_0883

14 Likes

19 Likes

Chuck Berry, From St. Louie to Frisco, 1968.

Because for reasons I really don’t understand, after a Bob Dylan CD I many times end in Chuck Berry.

8 Likes

She was 62 two days ago…great voice.

51nXZEquRzL.AC
The Derek Trucks Band - Roadsongs, an excellent live double.

11 Likes

To @Richard.Dane please pass my email address to @QuickSticks

Joni Mitchell Live at Newport 2022 - Original vinyl
Brandi Carlile announced a set at the ‘22 Newport Folk Festival where she and friends would recreate a “Joni Jam”, musicians hanging out at Joni Mitchell’s place and playing music. Incredibly Joni herself gave pretty much her first public appearance since a brain aneurysm in 2015 nearly took her away from us. She and her friends then gave a set of some of her greatest songs, Carlile and Lewis Mumford taking some of the vocal leads when needed. It’s not the Joni of Shadows and Light, the voice is significantly deeper, and she needs support, but to see one of my favourite poets of the 20th century able to sing again and from the sound of it loving every moment of it is a joy. Musically it’s pretty damn good.

19 Likes

Yep……and she seemed to be very happy🙏

2 Likes

Obvious, hackneyed old reliable but I’m testing a slightly refined HAF DSP filter and side 2 of this has never sounded so good.

.sjb

25 Likes

EC_From_the_Cradle

On CD.

18 Likes

From 1969, the soothing sounds of John and Yoko. This is the Rykodisc 1997 reissue CD with three bonus cuts.

11 Likes

7 Likes