What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Home again, errands all run and first load of laundry hung out.
Get an hour in down at the cabin whilst waiting for the second load to run and gone for some LP12 action.

Pop Evil - War of Angels on silver and pink vinyl😊

5 Likes

When you’re listening to it, ask yourself this: is there anything on here that’s an improvement on the original? Or does it just scramble your DNA?!

1 Like

Hi Simon
Not a band I’ve come across - how would you describe them?
ps like the cover

1 Like

Eagles - Hotel California
Eagles Legacy

13 Likes

This album tells you whether you need a subwoofer or not. I don‘t need one.

4 Likes

Do you know Theory of a Deadman? Very similar in many ways.
They are a heavy rock band from Michigan that have lots of splinter sounds.
Punk, Metal, Grunge, straight Rock, it’s all in there.
Onyx is probably my favourite album, but this one runs it a close second and was their 2nd album. Traci and I don’t think they’ve made a bad album though.
Wiki page link below:

1 Like

Cheers mate - I’ll give them a go later - and no I’d not heard of Theory of a Deadman either so i’ll give them a try also
Thanks

Theory of a Deadman (often shortened to ToaD) also don’t have a bad album, but perhaps start with Savages.
After mentioning Pop Evil’s Onyx, seemed rude not to play it next…:wink:

4 Likes

Sizzla - Praise Ye Jah (Jet Star/Xterminator CD 1997)

During the late eigties into the nineties Ja was dominated by the gangster stylings and posing of hard core Ragga and Dance Hall, concerned with gang culture, gun violence, bling, misogyny, homophobia and all round nastiness.
The universal message of traditional rastafari roots and culture artists was being lost and many became alienated and retreated from the Ja record business.
Then in the later nineties a new movement of militant, revolutionary, firebrand, uncompromising, sometimes controversial and not for the faint hearted, roots and culture artists started to appear as a counteraction to all the negativity and to reclaim the roots, culture and history. Many of the artists (including Anthony B, Capleton, Jah Mason, Mikey General,Luciano etc.) came from the Bobo Shanti house of Rastafari, recognisable from their strict wearing of the turban like wrap.
Sizzla was/is one of the leading artists in the movement along with producer Phillip “Fatis” Burrell and his Xterminator label (ironically he was later murdered in suspicious and unclear circumstances in London)
Using electronic “digital” riddims similar to Dance Hall but bringing more substance with a brilliantly unique mixing style from great engineers Stephen Stanley and Soldgie Hamilton bringing back a deep, heady swirling mix harking back to the days of King Tubby whilst taking the music forward.

Miquel Collins aka Sizzla Kalonji debuted internationally with his still classic Praise Ye Jah album

:heart:

4 Likes

Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots (Atlantic Masters CD)

:heart:

15 Likes

3 Likes

I would also bracket them a little with Stonesour - liking so far!

Didnt anyone tell you not to air your laundry in public?

Massive Stone Sour fan😁
They were superb live on the Hydrograd tour.
There is a view that Corey considers the band to have run its course though, so maybe we’ve seen the last from them☹️
PS I have a ‘Rare’ in the UK copy of the US 1st press of Audio Secrecy. :blush:

3 Likes

It’s not in public. Far to cold to be hanging your smalls out today…:wink:

1 Like

S. M. V. Thunder / 2008 Dreyfus / France CD / FDM46050369212

5 Likes

Its a public forum :wink:

Eagles - The Long Run
Eagles Legacy

13 Likes

Careful Dread, or I’ll post a pic… :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Blackfield - Welcome To My DNA, 2011 vinyl release… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

6 Likes