What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Matthew Halsall - Fletcher Moss Park, on lovely green vinyl. Arrived an hour ago, first play on vinyl, lovely, and great SQ.

10 Likes

The Who - Who Are You - CD

16 Likes

…the previously mentioned Stone Sour - Audio Secrecy US 1st Press

5 Likes

The mental imagery will suffice

tp-composite-dutty-pant
:scream:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

2013 45rpm vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Brings a song to mind…

Madness - In The Middle Of The Night

:heart:

10 Likes

Yes, that’s a fantastic record, but you have to follow it up with the masterpiece that is ‘Forever Changes’.

Jac Holzman must have been a brilliant talent spotter - Love, The Doors, Bread, Tim Buckley, to name few.

I believe that Elektra started out as a folk label.

1 Like

Yes Graham that is one of my favourite albums, bought many times including the 50th anniversary box.
I was slow off the blocks at liking them and as I’ve probably said before, I walked out of their concert at Birmingham town hall in 1970. :woozy_face:

I’ve only left a concert once, because the sound was so appalling - strident, distorted and painful. I’ve subconsciously blocked the occasion, but I think that it was a Dire Straits concert in London around 1975.

That would never have happened at a Grateful Dead concert!

1 Like

I have walked out of all 3 Alter Bridge concerts I’ve been too for exactly this reason.
The only reason we went to the 3rd one was because Halestorm were the 2nd band of 3 with Alter Bridge headlining.
We did wait to see what AB were like as the sound for the other 2 bands was perfect, but it was till shocking when Myles and the boys came on.

Eagles - The Long Road Out of Eden
Eagles Legacy

13 Likes

IMG_0699

2017 45rpm vinyl release… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Caught the Howard Goodall Sgt. Pepper documentary on the Beeb at the weekend, and somehow ended up ordering the 2 CD Anniversary edition from Amazon. Howard made me do it. :grin:

25 Likes

Me’Shell NdegéOcello Plantation Lullabies / 1993 Maverick Sire / Germany CD / 9362457542

7 Likes

Why? Been feeling a bit down lately but leaping around the living room playing air guitar and screaming the lyrics has improved my mental health considerably…

steve

PS Yeah, I know it’s the CD version.

13 Likes

Jimmy Buffett - Equal Strain On All Parts - CD

Jimmy’s Posthumous Album featuring a certain Paul McCartney on Track 4
missed but not forgotten.

5 Likes

Good idea. :+1:
192/24 on Qobuz.

19 Likes

Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex, 2023 vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

15 Likes

What‘s the problem here, guys? The cd is some years old, but as a benchmark for bass control of one’s speakers it‘s still relevant. Isn‘t it?

1 Like