What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Yes, it was the same session, I tend to favour Midnight Special, but Chicken Shack is not far behind for his Blue Note stuff.

2 Likes

That’s his live album Dread, You Can’t Argue With A Sick Mind, I 'm sure @Tony knows :+1:

4 Likes

You Can’t Argue with a Sick Mind @Dreadatthecontrols

4 Likes

Yes, what Alan and Steve said. Haven’t played it in a while.:sunglasses:

16 Likes

Thats it! Great! Thanks Steve, @AlanP and @Tony

Dont have it anymore, will see if I can stream it
Cheers
:+1::heart:

3 Likes

I can! Whoohooo :joy:

…Turn To Stone takes me back
:heart:

3 Likes

Now playing…

Annette Peacock - an acrobat’s heart

Annette Peacock (Vocal, Piano), Cikada String Quartet: Henrik Hannisda (Violin), Odd Hannisdal (Violin), Marek Konstantynowicz (Viola) and Morten Hannisdal (Violoncello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Monday morning with Annette, along with the Cikada String Quartet, and they are sounding sublime! one sweet album…

6 Likes

Roy Budd_Get_Carter

Roy Budd - Get Carter - CD

16 Likes

Joining the Love love…

Their first album, a garage classic.

12 Likes

Great film. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on this ‘Legacy’ set, John @johnt ?

“You’re a big man, but you’re out of condition”. Excellent film, great soundtrack. Saw a mini documentary about the music on, I think, a VHS copy of the movie in a holiday rental. Never able to find it again, alas

2 Likes

Think I saw this posted here recently, but can’t find the post. Thanks anyway! Great album. What a line up.

12 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Rubycon | 1975
Why? Possibly because there was some small chat on here about them last night and I realised I haven’t been playing much TD of late.

23 Likes

Following the first, their under-appreciated fourth
Different band, but it’s still Love
Four Sail

Another classic, natch.

10 Likes

Prokofiev. Lieutenant Kije suite. Vinyl. First play, all incredibly familiar. I now know where Sting nicked bits from. Contains the section called Troika which may be known to Linn LP12 owners. :smiley:

Sergei Prokofiev’s Lieutenant Kijé (Russian: Поручик Киже, Poruchik Kizhe ) music was originally written to accompany the film of the same name, produced by the Belgoskino film studios in Leningrad in 1933–34 and released in March 1934. It was Prokofiev’s first attempt at film music, and his first commission.” Wiki.

9 Likes

Remember studying that one in depth for Music O Level !

Side 2 Hary Janos Suite features in Larry Young ‘Zoltan’.

1 Like

@Steve_S. After listening to the soundtrack, its on my watch list for later tonight :+1:

2 Likes

Hank Mobley No Room For Squares / 2000 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724352453924

Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
Lee Morgan, Donald Byrd Trumpet
Herbie Hancock, Andrew Hill Piano
Butch Warren, John Ore Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

12 Likes

Beatles, 1962-1966. Qobuz.

21 Likes