What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Chris Rea - God’s Great Banana Skin - CD

14 Likes

Starting my evening with a bit of more modern colour……

Deep Purple - Whoosh!

10 Likes

Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park - WAV CD rip
This afternoon I happened to catch the Scooby Doo episode where she guest-starred and realised I hadn’t listened to her for too long. Great album, smart funny insightful lyrics, well sung over a fine band, top class new country.

13 Likes

I have tickets to see them at the Jazz Cafe, but the gig has been postponed 3 times for health reasons, and now everything has gone ominously quiet. Fingers crossed for good recoveries. Wolf City is the best album from that period/genre, IMO.

1 Like

Love. Self titled debut (mono)
Great minds Stevie.

17 Likes

Playing @ Loving on Vinyl

11 Likes

3 Likes

Based on an article in a hifi magazine in which different versions of this song are referred listening to this album which I already have longer…., nice listen…., and as always I listen the whole album and don’t limit myself to only the song which has been described….

4 Likes

With the change of ownership the great albums have become more readily available and also at more decent prices…., so have a look…

Saw Sniff ‘n’ the tears a few times in London, like Paul Roberts voice and artwork. Could kick myself they played a barn near Colchester about the time of this album.

4 Likes

Played this last week and thoroughly enjoyed it, so it’s going on again

Santana - Welcome.

15 Likes

Another classic band with a modern twist….

Black Sabbath - 13

10 Likes

Lou Reed - New York - WAV CD rip
From the anniversary box set one of my favourite rock albums. Lou’s hymn to his beloved New York, songs of biting wit and anger with a great band driving them along. “You can’t beat 2 guitars, bass, drum”.

14 Likes

Great choice, Lou was on fire in the 80s and early 90s.

2 Likes

R.E.M. - Out Of Time.

28 Likes

Seeing Mac McAnally was luck…we happened to be in Anchorage and the band were on stage . I had to ask the sound man who it was …he told me that Mac had been awarded best country musician ( something like that ) for 9 of the previous 10 years. Back home …had to get all his albums…I’ll get there eventually.

1 Like

Another new classic from an old classic….

Robert Plant - Lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar

23 Likes

Just caught my eye on the shelf. Think this is a great live album.

9 Likes

And scarily even this is 10 years old next year.

Peter Gabriel - 3 Melt - 24/96 download
Even after all these years it’s still disturbing listening, powerful songs, dissonance and sound effects along with fine playing and Gabriel’s haunting vocals make for compelling listening.

29 Likes