What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Prince - The Truth, playing this acoustic album that was originally available as part of the four disc Crystal Ball set.

9 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:
Following many posts regarding Hiromi in the last couple of days, we’re giving Sonicwonderland a listen tonight.

Although I am very sleepy tonight, so probably won’t hear much of it, but it’s very pleasant so far.

5 Likes

Much as I like Qobuz, this disc version of The Beach Boys’ Holland sounds much better to me than the 24/192 hi-res stream.

8 Likes

The more I listen to this album, the more I like it. Yesterday I went to her concert in Milan… what a great experience. Amazing music and musicians. I hope you’ll enjoy the album as well!

1 Like

Mrs QS and I are very much enjoying it so far.
It was your posts along with some others that triggered me to earmark the album for tonight’s Bedtime Tunes @Blacknote, so thank you :blush:

1 Like

I’m very happy to hear that. Let me know which songs you enjoyed the most. Also I would like to point out that this album has a wide dynamic range (average is 13 I believe), which is unusual these days. Have a good night enjoying the rest of the album!

1 Like

It will definitely need a day time listen on something a little more accomplished than a MuSo, but very enjoyable all the same.

I’m sure your main system will be up to the task (by the way, very nice setup). In my opinion such album needs a proper volume to be really appreciated with its nuances and the engaging funky bass. Maybe not the best idea for bedtime…

In the spirit of @ratrat’s post, on tunes with really low bass - check out track 6 - Fantasy on the album “xx” by The xx

11 Likes

“A Little Something to Give” from Thomas Dybdahl’s album Fever (disc 2 track 2) is tough to beat for deep and tuneful bass

3 Likes

Something Happens Hits CD.

I don’t think they made much waves outside Ireland but they had some great tracks and this is a good representation.

.sjb

3 Likes

Thats amazing, I have 8 Mac albums in total

1977 Mac McAnally
1978 No Problem Here
1980 Finish Lines
1983 Nothin But The Truth
1990 Simple Life
1992 Live And Learn
2009 Down By The River
2010 Live In Muscle Shoals

I have a few missing from the mid 90’s and for the life of me can’t explain why I didn’t purchase them!

1 Like

Great shout out. Love that album

Have all three XX albums. Follow Jamie Smith (aka Jamie XX) too.

Kind regards
R

1 Like

Elton John - Rock Of The Westies - CD

On the 7th Nov 1975 Elton started a three week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Rock Of The Westies’, It was Elton’s tenth studio album and seventh US No.1

11 Likes

CD4 from Anthology/John Lennon

10 Likes

Well that was a wake up to the day, Chemical Brothers, 25th Anniversary edition.

Wow, perfect morning session tunes.

11 Likes

Gary Burton + Chick Corea + Pat Metheny + Roy Haynes + Dave Holland like minds / 1998 Concord / EU CD / CCD48032

13 Likes

Good luck with that @Rigsby21, I hope they will be able to make that gig. Great to know a vintage band like this can still be enjoyed by older audiences and perhaps be appreciated by younger generations as well…

1 Like

On 2CDs.

7 Likes

Good on ya! I was listening to R4 at 7am and found that quite challenging :rofl:

1 Like