What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Bedtime Tunes Dream Theater - Dream Theater
Thanks to @SimonDC who was listening to DT earlier left me thinking I needed more DT myself today. (Listened to Octavarium and Images & Words earlier)

Just waiting for Mrs QS now to tell me that this is not Bedtime music🫣

6 Likes

Whatever gets you through the night, mate, as someone once said. :grin::grin:

1 Like

Very short, energetic, rhythmic, vibe🌼rant piece!

3 Likes

Another concept album lined up - wonder if you can guess what it is?

Times up……

No it’s not the wall - went a bit further back than that….

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

25 Likes

Pat Metheny Group - Travels.

17 Likes

@graeme Got to love some UFO, far to under appreciated IMO. I loved the early stuff (up until Mechanix) and then they sort of drifted a bit but came back with some really solid hard blues rock albums later in their career.

I don’t know if you are aware, but they are releasing a whole load of Soundboard recordings from throughout their career. They are available for download on Bandcamp and Vinyl is also coming out. There is definitely some variability in SQ (despite being soundboard). The Hollywood 1976 show with Schenker is a bit rough but the 1980 Chicago show is very fine

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll keep an eye open for the vinyl releases.

1 Like

Love Lost

Last Love of the day - the ‘Lost’ album pulled together from sessions Arthur recorded (with new musicians) at Columbia in 1971.

Different to previous incarnations of the band (not sure calling it Love is warranted, but…) and maybe first takes, so anyone expecting a new Forever Changes wouldn’t necessarily be thrilled by this.

I’m reminded a bit of late-Hendrix on some tracks. Funkier, rockier…more like Arthur’s solo records.

10 Likes

Alison Krauss & Union Station, lonely runs both ways. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Sorry about the delay I’ll blame the international date line. :grin:

Your problem is exactly my issue I always think that Beatle tracks are too short. This kinda of mixed up cut and paste thingy just frustrates me to bits.

2 Likes

Rush - 2112🤔

1 Like

AC/DC - Black Ice - CD

8th Nov 2008 saw Black Ice start a two-week run at #1 on the US album chart.

14 Likes

Early start today and feeling a bit meh :face_with_diagonal_mouth: so started with Miley to Gee me up a bit…

5 Likes

Supertramp Crisis What Crisis. So much music so little time.

30 Likes

AC/DC - Back In Black - CD

23 Likes

Siembra/Wille Colon & Ruben Blades

2 Likes

Remastered version of Animals

Off to my first Tai Chi class in 50 minutes, so just enough time for this whilst sorting the last of the morning chores.

26 Likes

Bruce Springsteen Western Stars

22 Likes

As it’s the 400th anniversary of the publication of Shakespeare’s First Folio, R3 are devoting the whole day to music inspired by his works - great stuff

10 Likes