What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Such a good cover. Needed something uplifting tonight.

6 Likes

Sugar - File Under: Easy Listening
Bob Mould at his searing best.

10 Likes

Looks good.

17 Likes

KAL (Real World) by Sarathy Korwar. Korwar is a percussionist who plays jazz with an Indian influence. I saw him at Saturday’s Bert Jansch celebration at the Royal Festival Hall. He was great then and this record is excellent

4 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3AM, nice to hear “The Sounds Of Silence” in it’s original simpler version.

23 Likes

UFO - You Are Here.
Out goes Michael Schenker, in comes Jason Bonham.
Not the UFO of old but still a very competent effort.

9 Likes

Continuing the War theme.

15 Likes

Natalie Merchant, tigerlily. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

As the S & G albums are nice and short, it’s time for another

Sounds Of Silence, with of course the more popular version of the title track.

27 Likes

Wonderful album of cover versions. Vinyl but enjoyed the Qobuz stream in the car earlier today. Vol 2 just as good. Great cover of Toussaint McCall’s Nothing Takes The Place Of You.

4 Likes

To me, THE iconic album cover. Without being able to really explain why…

1 Like

21 Likes

Stay Cats - Runaway Boys - The Anthology - CD

6 Likes

Volume 1 of 5 CD compilations plus a vinyl compilation taken from the CD issues. All are essential for lovers of soul music imo. Absolutely dripping with emotion. Wonderful music. CD rip.

10 Likes

Bob Dylan -Slow Train Coming.

17 Likes

P J Harvey | 4 Track Demos | 1993

12 Likes

2CELLOS

Score

Last one of the day, a beautiful relaxing album.

Edward

9 Likes

Just finished listening to Dream Theatres - The Astonishing and it’s left me with 2 major conclusions:

1. I love a good concept album - an album that really tells a story that you get drawn into listening to the lyrics and the themes in the music can really take you away from the drudgery of life’s aches and pains!
  2. I love my system and I love Naim! I’ve always enjoyed my music through systems ranging from beer budget to expensive - I’m very lucky to have the system I have - it’s not the best - I’d love to go the 300 series or at least go for a pair of 350’s but I can’t afford to - but I love it - it’s the best I’ve ever had and now in my little room I have a really great place to be and I can sit back and enjoy the ride - the ride and the journey that music gives us!

Anyway I’ll shut up now before I go on too much and find another piece of the journey ….

Oh here comes one now….

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

8 Likes

Operation Mindcrime! Now that’s a proper concept album.
When I read point one in your post about The Astonishing, I thought point 2 was going to be “…and this album did not do any of that!”
Even the band don’t like this album:roll_eyes:
Now I’m going to have to listen to it again to see if I missed something the first two times and I swore after the second “…NEVER again!”
I’m glad you enjoyed it @SimonDC, I just wish I could hear in it what you did. :man_shrugging:t2:
Anyway, I’ll give it another go Thursday or Friday I guess and let you know how I get on🤔

1 Like