What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Heathens!

1 Like

As per @QuickSticks earlier suggestion…

Rush - 2112

16 Likes

Wow, he was so young here! He evolved quite a lot with his music.

1 Like

Is that one worth getting?, if you still can for sensible money

Respect due, Phil Lynott!

:heart:

3 Likes

A key ingredient imo of the early sound of Sons Of Kemet (on the Naim label!) Was the inclusion of Theon Cross’s Tuba playing.
His brilliant solo debut here, again mastered and cut at Gearbox records.
Pity Theon’s solo follow up album, forget the title, was a bit disappointing imo

4 Likes

I generally listen to them on Vinyl when listening properly, but Qobuz is often the easiest method for advocating listening, especially on the MuSo’s of course.

Now that’s a true “Concept Story” right there, executed sublimely and for me like only Rush can…:wink:

1 Like

But did you also know that on the popular Jamaican quiz show Schools Challenge Quiz nobody had ever heard of Alexander Armstrong.
Jeez! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi Dread - sounds pretty decent to me but I haven’t done any A-B comparisons. I seem to recall it used an earlier MoV master - yup borne out by the run-out MOVLP - if that helps. As it’s a few years old bet there are still a few sealed copies in stockrooms so 20 notes maybe.

1 Like

Playing on vinyl - Klaus Schulze - Mindphaser

9 Likes

Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn.
Prog rock/ psych rock lushness.

16 Likes

Cushty! Sly Stone albums werent great recordings anyway I believe, they were too off their tits! :grin:

1 Like

The Darkness

Permission to Land

Edward

11 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - 1998

Nearly got put off by track titles like Two-Headed Boy and Communist Daughter, but unexpectedly good.

5 Likes

An old classic …

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery

18 Likes

Sons Of Kemet - Burn (Naim Jazz 2013)

As mentioned in my Theon Cross post. The debut Sons…album I especially like their take on The Melodians Rivers Of Babylon.

9 Likes

24 Likes

The self titled album is one of the few I don’t have on vinyl. Is it better than the cd? Falling into infinity and Scenes are mastered very well. I would definitely get the self titled on vinyl if you could recommend it.