What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Barbra Streisand / Barry Gibb - Guilty - CD

10 Likes

Elton John - Live In Australia
Vinyl

12 Likes

CD rip of the 2009 mono from the box set.

For me, Sgt.Pepper sounds great in both stereo and mono mixes. They are very different, as well documented, but equally startling, essential and enjoyable.

22 Likes

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs

Having mentioned the opening track, Bridge of Sighs, on the ‘Riffs’ thread, I just had to hear it. This album is a rock classic up there with Who’s Next, LZ2, Made in Japan etc. (IMHO!)

19 Likes

Surely you mean the second track!:sunglasses:

Brain lapse! I meant Day of the Eagle, which is the opening track. But the title track is stonkingly good too. As is the whole album. Currently playing Too Rolling Stoned :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I reckon this will be right up @QuickSticks alley…

:wink:

15 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance | Signs of Life - Live From The Highlands

Foy Vance (Guitar, Piano, Ukulele, Vocals) and Seán Óg Graham (Accordion, Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with the ‘Live’ edition of the ‘Signs of Life’ album and Foy and Sean are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

The latest Jeffrey Martin album. Brilliant.

4 Likes

Family | Bandstand | 1972
I just fancied some brilliant old Family, another band with another unique sound back in the day.

14 Likes

The Orb and David Gilmour, end of a very long day, chillin

13 Likes

Bill Evans At The Village Vanguard

Following last weeks reorganise, rummage n sort out…

Waltz For Debby

This is the Analogue Productions issue from way back when, tube/valve mastered by the “legendary” Doug Sax. This has bankers bonus asking prices now I think.

Sunday…
This is a numbered “limited” Alto Edition about which I recall very little.
The vinyl inside pastiche of the old computer intel inside logo on the outer sleeve is an amusing touch

:heart:

17 Likes

Loved his new album so much I decided to pull out his previous album and then I will follow it up with his first.

4 Likes

Sounds terrific on Qobuz. Soulful Strut was rereleased by Demon at the same time as this but strangely isn’t on Qobuz so I bought that on vinyl. This just zips along.

4 Likes

Orbital - Blue Album - 2004
CD rip

I was just sat here, on this pitch black November eve, pondering best concerts over the years. The Hartnoll brothers make the A-list for me.

11 Likes

Indiógenes

Feeling (Volume 2) (Americas Etnias Sound

Edward

3 Likes

Have a go at the version on here
Havent tried the Qobuz stream but my Telarc CD sounds great

5 Likes

The Beatles - Help

For some reason this is probably my least played Beatles album. I suppose it could be With the Beatles, but I think it’s this one. Silly really as it contains some truly cracking songs.

28 Likes

Dinner cooked, eaten and washed up - back to he music…

Saw @Tony was going for a bit of Crimson so i thought why not

King Crimson - Red

15 Likes

Listened to a lot of Warren Zevon earlier today, including his self-titled debut, Mutineer and My Ride’s Here. Marvellous.

13 Likes