What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Grateful Dead. Anthem of the sun.
Alphabetically chosen by the iPod.
Although I usually concentrate on the live albums.

19 Likes

Loosening up the PMC’s with The Wall. I’m surprised how big they sound.

G

29 Likes

More pleasant Sunday vinyl.

7 Likes

Well I put my demo playlist on for the umpteenth time lately, to get a view of how things had improved with the addition of the XPS.
Got 4 tracks in and decided I couldn’t just sit here in ‘evaluation mode’ listening to a defined list.
Time for some joy…

Joni Mitchell - Court & Spark😊

14 Likes

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye Deluxe Edition - CD

11 Likes

UK 1st pressing A1 B1 1974 Polydor. Jan Akkerman a much underrated guitarist I think. Check out last track on side 1 Birth absolutely on fire.

13 Likes

2019 release stunning sound quality and a great album

10 Likes

A late afternoon blast of Ry Cooder, which could easily end up being an all day session. :guitar: :notes: :musical_note:

15 Likes

Could almost be a karaoke album, certainly it’s one to sing along to. Vinyl.

27 Likes

Abit of Chvrches to begin with.

8 Likes

Richard Wagner . Vinyl. A compilation of sorts. Sounds very Wagnerish to me.

9 Likes

Another one in the series of the Hi Res knocks the socks off of the 16 bit CD version.

Joan Armatrading - Show Some Emotion

A stellar backing band including Jerry Donahue, Georgie Fame, Tim Hinkley and Mel Collins with production from Glyn Johns.

19 Likes

Steve Miller Band
Your Saving Grace
Japan press.

It ain’t Sailor or Brave New World granted, but I love it.

11 Likes

‘Magical Mystery Tour’ - The Beatles

Been listening to The Fabs a lot this weekend - maybe I’ll seek the Red and Blues from Santa next month.

26 Likes

Pat Metheny - One Quiet Night - 2003

There you go! ‘Let’s have a listen to some ‘recent’ Pat’, I thought to myself. Twenty years gone in the blink of an eye.
Great stuff on this murky damp eve.

16 Likes

Vaughan Williams. A Pastoral Symphony. Sir Adrian Boult. Premiered in 1922, this recording from 1950, I think. Lovely.

15 Likes

Kate Rusby - Chronology: Hippo’s, Heroes and Christmas. (a mixtape by Mrs G and I).

Mrs. G and I have collaborated on a mixtape of our favorite songs from each of Kate Rusby’s 20 albums.
It’s been a long long time since we did such a thing, and we were like our younger selves again. So much fun!

18 Likes

The Allman Brothers Band
Live at the Fillmore East ‘71

24 Likes

Fields Of Gold: The Best Of Sting 1984 - 1994.

20 Likes

Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon / 1992 EMI / 20th Anniversary Box UK CD / 077778147923

31 Likes