What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Elton John - The Captain & The Kid - CD

12 Likes

16 Likes

Nice choice Tony
It’s one of those albums …don’t laugh but I have never played side 2
Side 1 is just relentlessly great every track is brilliant …must play side 2 one day

Wishing you a relaxing Sunday

3 Likes

From Liverpool The Beatles

Twice the songs, half the price of the new Red & Blue sets. This 8LP set also features some stunning sounding mixes. The latter include mostly overseas issued variants, and notably the 1971 mixed Strawberry Fields.

For me it’s easily the best Beatles box/compilation for all the above reasons.

All analogue 1980 release.

13 Likes

Yes, TC, I needed something nice and cheerful on this miserable Sunday morning.:joy:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :blush:

1 Like

Lovely box set, with a few alternative versions into the bargain.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Playing @ loving on Vinyl - Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution

11 Likes

Everything But The Girl - Fuse - CD

17 Likes

1998 German Progressive metal. Heavily influenced by Dream Theater this is a great album. Very difficult to find these days on cd. I remember prior to Dream Theater releasing Train of thought this album was leaked and some people actually thought it was Dream Theater’s new album.

1 Like

After listening to Vaughan Williams the other night I decided I don’t listen to enough classical music and as my library is fairly limited I thought I’d let Qobuz come up with something…

I am open to suggestions as to titles to add - though I do realise with the vast repertoire available that can be difficult. Titles I do have to give an indication of my limited taste are: Holst - The Planets; some other Vaughan Williams; Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition; some Beethoven symphonies; Ravel - Bolero; Eric Satie. So as you can see very limited so much assistance probably required!

Thanks in advance
Simon

7 Likes

Mahler. Either Symphony number 2 or 3 if you have time for a proper listen Simon. @SimonDC

4 Likes

71QXxP+fLwL.AC_UY436_QL65
61PKtRnG28L.AC_UY436_QL65
71yp9+MI2eL.AC_UY436_QL65
713lEVtQgKL.AC_UY436_QL65
Pete, try any of these recentish ones. The Blues one is excellent.

15 Likes

@Pete_the_painter I’ll second that.

1 Like

After both House Chores & Garden Chores I have retreated to the Cabin for an hour or 2.
Time to put this XPS-2 DR through its paces…:wink:

Starting with Steven Wilson - To The Bone at a very antisocial volume😁

12 Likes

Genesis live 30th October 1981 Abacab tour. A superb soundboard recording, huge soundstage and crystal clear throughout. I have many soundboards this being one of the best. If only they would officially release these from the archive.

10 Likes

Nice Sunday listening. Paid £1.00 for this new/sealed in Vinyl Tap, Huddersfield. Their basement is a record browsers delight. Was closed for a while but I believe it’s reopened on Saturdays. A must visit.

2 Likes

17 Likes

Cream from 1967 on the go.

29 Likes

Joe Bonamassa. CD. 2011. My favourite of his albums, that I have.

11 Likes