What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Vaughan Williams. Sir Adrian Boult. Vinyl.

“First performed in 1914, the original score of this four-movement symphony was lost and subsequently reconstructed. Vaughan Williams continued revisions of the work into its final definitive form, which was published in 1936.” Wiki.

14 Likes

April 16th - Epitaph

4 Likes

Ultramarine - Every Man and Woman is a Star. Something to groove to while I cook. Great album.

10 Likes

Tom’s non album stuff. Plenty to sing along with. Vinyl.

9 Likes

Keith Richards - Crosseyed Heart.

11 Likes

Arab Strap | Monday at the Hug and Pint | 2003
Well, it is Monday and I fancied some gritty reality to go on top of the foul weather so I’m dropping into The Hug and Pint.

8 Likes

Crash Test Dummies. CD. Not played this in ages, rather good.

God Shuffled His Feet is the second album by Canadian band Crash Test Dummies, released in 1993.”

11 Likes

The Byrds - The Notorious Byrd Brothers

The cover is so dry as David Crosby had just left and was replaced with a horse

16 Likes

Blondie - Parallel Lines - CD

32 Likes

Another spin……and it is growing on me, he has a presence.

11 Likes

IMG_1501

I’d listened to the Cars off and on but never a Ric Ocasek solo album, and something triggered me to do just that, so……

This is a nice sounding body of work with some clear mid-80s instrumentation on some very considered tracks.

7 Likes

Run Devil Run/Paul McCartney (1999).

13 Likes

Jaime Wyatt: Feel Good

Decided to give this a try on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. It’s supposed to be “Country” but it doesn’t start out sounding especially “Country” (a good thing in my book) but gradually it gets more and more that way so I may cherry pick tracks on a re-visit.

3 Likes

Partner at her mums - check - seat suitably reclined - check - glass of something nice to drink - check - system running - check

David Bowie - Low

23 Likes

James Taylor, sweet baby James. :smiling_face:

20 Likes

I am not 100% sure when it was released, just took a punt at my local record shop after hearing it on his antique Technics :grinning:

1 Like

Bobby Crush - Best Of - Tidal 16/44
Thanks to @Gazza and @AlanP for the suggestion. (To be honest I only got halfway through track 1 before the relentlessly upbeat piano became too much for me.)

3 Likes

A valiant attempt to save the forum……Hero status😂
While you were doing your duty i did some Isaac Hayes

17 Likes

Yes, glad someone else agrees with me on that. Southside Johnny and his brass section were phenomenal and outshone GP.

1 Like

Before

6 Likes