What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Bach didn’t specify which instrument his Art of Fugue was intended for, but it’s generally accepted that it was for keyboard. Here it’s played by string quartet, and very good it is too.

7 Likes

John and Alice Coltrane are in the Composer of the Week slot on BBC R3.

1 Like

2021 Analogue Productions 45rpm vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

15 Likes

A great easy listening album with great SQ and performances.

22 Likes

@SimonDC thanks - I had my Manchester ticket sorted about 3 minutes past 10 this morning!

2 Likes

I am hoping my mate is getting ours for Birmingham. He’s the expert when it comes to getting tickets so I’ve got my fingers crossed

:crossed_fingers: :+1:

1 Like

IMG_0718

2013 Back To Black reissue, on vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

12 Likes

Hey @SimonDC
I have never listened to any TOOL
Where do you suggest I start?
I’m heading down to the cabin shortly and thought I’d give them a try.

1 Like

Just a small catalogue to check out @QuickSticks, it was about 13 years before they released their last Album Fear Innoculum. I would recommend starting with AEnima

5 Likes

You’ve never listened to Tool - you heathen! :wink:

Most people prefer their earlier stuff - but as a newbie I would suggest Fear Innoculum and give it a few listens then 10,000 days and Lateralus. Finishing then with Aenima and Undertow! As you are a fan of Yes, Dream Theatre, Stonesour etc I am sure you will go for Tool in a big way - I would’ve suggested them to you sooner if I’d known you hadn’t listened to them before!

And live they are simply awesome - both visually and sonically!

Happy listening!

2 Likes

Eric Clapton - Unplugged

25 Likes

1993 vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

14 Likes

@QuickSticks tough call to suggest where to start, everyone has their own favourites. Aenima and Lateralus are my favourites but I’ll suggest 10,000 Days first. What I did find right from the beginning with Tool is that each album needs a good few listens to really get into it. I wouldn’t necessarily expect a “wow!!” on first listen, but if you do that’s a bonus! Enjoy!

2 Likes

The Human League - Reproduction - CD

13 Likes

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul (Deluxe Edition)

18 Likes

1996 vinyl release… :grinning: :+1:t3: :notes: :sunglasses:

17 Likes

Angela Hewitt – Beethoven Piano Sonatas: Op No 2 - Op 10 No 1 - Op 110
CD rip|2015

Felt like some classical music and I enjoy Angela’s playing.

8 Likes

Hi John, what extra does the deluxe edition bring to the party?
Cheers
:heart:

The deluxe has an additional 5 tracks, including Woman, and 5 remixes.

2 Likes

Lee Ritenour World Of Brazil / 2005 GRP / EU CD / 0602498829561

9 Likes