What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

and in HMV the deluxe cd is cheaper than the original

1 Like

Thanks to @SimonDC, @Steve_S & @markah for your recommendations regarding TOOL starting album.
I’ve gone with Fear Inoculum and after 8 minutes of the first track I’m hooked…:blush:

I really do not understand why I’ve never listened to them before…:man_shrugging:t4:

13 Likes

Christian McBride Big Band - For Jimmy, Wes and Oliver.

11 Likes

Streaming the “sessions” disc of so called “Jamaican extended mixes” etc. To be honest, for me this and the BBC Concert introduced by Pete Drummond (which I still have a tape of somewhere) is the only part of this much hyped 50th Anniversary set that interests me and thats also assuming the BBC concert sounds good (its not included on the stream version
I thought these might just be reworkings of the misleadingly titled “unreleased original Jamaican versions” from the 2002 Deluxe Edition that were actually superb mixes specially prepared in 2001 by Errol Brown for that set.
Anyway, pleased to hear that these alternatives arent the same, so at least something fresh here, but the rest of the set I can happily dispense with.

:heart:

12 Likes

Thanks John, I’ll see if I can stream and decide if the extra’s are an upgrade on the original press.
Cheers
:heart:

1 Like

The Cranberries - Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Don’t We - CD

19 Likes

I always think of Joe Cocker’s version of that Beatles song as the theme tune to ‘The Wonder Years’ - a beautiful, gentle series about a young lad growing up in America.

3 Likes

Great - another member to the Tool Army!

Pneuma - track 2 - is my personal favourite from that album. There are some “unusual” tracks shall we say on some of the albums but they do tell a story when you listen closely - the more you listen the better they get!

And then there is A Perfect Circle and Puscifer - Maynard’s other bands… oh and I mustn’t forget Ashes Divide and Billy Howerdel…

3 Likes

I know where you’re coming from, what’s sad is that most of the music I have been listening too over the last few weeks, the artiste(s) are no longer with us.

WRTI Jazz Internet radio (my favourite jazz station).
Whilst listening to “Jazz Night in America” a programme curated by Christian McBride last Sunday he introduced Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band and Cedar Walton (a jazz pianist and composer) neither of whom were familiar to me.
I checked the All Music rankings and chose several albums to favourite on Qobuz. Now enjoying.

Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band - Swingin’ For The Fences

Cedar Walton - Blues For Myself

Perhaps forum members will highlight other albums they like by these two artists.

4 Likes

Elton John - Diamonds signed Pyramid Stage Edition

11 Likes

George Benson + Earl Klugh Collaboration / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795720

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, playing the two tracks now on Qobuz and they are sounding mighty sweet!

3 Likes

Bob Dylan, Blonde On Blonde. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

22 Likes

Yeah I remember that, it was good

1 Like

Darkness falling reading a gothic novel so for an appropriate accompaniment some heavy keys led prog with a thunderous rhythm section - Quatermass their one and only album (why no more?) Iconic cover and still sounds great after all these years. Tidalised - my Harvest vinyl pretty much unplayable only kept for old times sake.

9 Likes

A great album. There was a ‘reformation’ in the mid-90’s but only with drummer Mick Underwood.

J. Peter Robinson appears on Bowie’s Low album.

3 Likes

2 x LP - Sony/Legacy 2010 Ltd number 4280 : )

Jimi Hendrix – vocals, guitars, production on all tracks except 5, front cover painting
Mitch Mitchell – drums on all tracks except 3
Noel Redding – bass guitar on all tracks except 1, 2 and 3, backing vocals on track 9
Billy Cox – bass guitar on tracks 1, 2 and 3

Additional musicians

Rocky Dzidzornu – percussion on tracks 6 and 12
Roger Chapman – backing vocals on track 1
Andy Fairweather Low – backing vocals on track 1
Juma Sultan – percussion on track 2
Rocky Isaac – drums on track 3
Chris Grimes – tambourine on track 3
Al Marks – maracas on track 3

Recordings from 1967-1970 & 1987 / Posthumous album release 5th March 2010

24 Likes

Now playing…

Melody Gardot & Phillippe Powell - Entre eux deux

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Melody and Phillippe and they are sounding sublime!

15 Likes

kings of convenience versus / 2001 Source / UK CD / CDSOUR040

Compilation of remakes, remixes and collaborations using material from Quiet Is The New Loud

9 Likes