What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

At home after a day in the shop/office so I thought I’d join @Steve_S with a dose of Tool…

Tool - Lateralus

12 Likes

Lee Ritenour - Overtime

6 Likes

Hi Simon, Never really listened to Tool, just heard the odd track on Radio Paradise. Can you recommend an album to start with?

1 Like

@Charles64 …superb album…the title track is sublime.

1 Like

Bryan Adams - Reckless.

14 Likes

Which reminds me. Why have his first two solo albums not been issued on cd in the UK or been made available through streaming . I did have them on vinyl and thought they were pretty good.

3 Likes

Duran Duran - 1981

Thanks to @Isca_Dumnoniorum for the prompt.

13 Likes

First time listened since getting the 350s. Wow :star_struck:

27 Likes

Are we talking Spider Jiving and La Booga Rooga?

I have them on CD issued in the UK along with the third album (Be Bop N’Holla) as a package by BGO Records.

1 Like

Agreed, one of the great moments in the blending of words, music, staggering production ideas and oh, those celestial vocals.

1 Like

Yes. I must search them out Andy👍

1 Like

Well you’re the 2nd person to ask that very same question so….

Most people prefer their earlier stuff - but as a newbie I would suggest Fear Innoculum and give it a few listens then 10,000 days and Lateralus. Finishing then with Aenima and Undertow!

As others have said - don’t necessarily go on first listen - after a few listens they’ll have you hooked.

Happy listening :+1:

4 Likes

Looks like you’ll pay circa £50 from used sites.

IMG_8272

11 Likes

On it now! :sunglasses:

Thomas Newman American Beauty / 2000 DreamWorks / US CD / 0044502332

11 Likes

‘Grace Under Pressure’ - Rush

Geddy’s autobiography arrived today.

11 Likes

Includes another version of the wonderful Coal Train (Stimela) - vinyl.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Brendan-Croker-The-Great-Indoors-1991
Brendan Croker - The Great Indoors.

8 Likes

Black Country Communion and BCCIV. I wish this band had managed to stay together, but I guess expecting Glen Hughes to play nicely with other big artists was asking too much. There are some true master pieces here… Listen to Wanderlust as an example…

6 Likes