What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

As much as I think her latest album is a return to form & her later albums are very sophisticated I still prefer her earlier albums. Vinyl.

11 Likes

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band- Live/1975-85.
It’s a great collection of the Bosses work at the time and some great performances. A lovely box set to own.

23 Likes

Michael Franks. The Art of Tea. I bought this blind years ago based on a review and the personnel involved, It’s very drippy and my wife has threatened to divorce me if I play it when she is in. Not played it in years, it is good but it is very drippy. Hope it finishes before she is back.

The Art of Tea is a jazz vocal album by Michael Franks, his first on Frank Sinatra’s Reprise label, released in February 1976”

6 Likes

Tool | Fear Innoculum | 2019
Joining @QuickSticks after some Tool chat earlier. This was the album that took 13 years to make and release after their previous last one in 2006 while we all wondered if they would ever make another album, 10,000 Days.

14 Likes

The Beach Boys Today!

Playing the fantastic stereo mix from this 2012 reissue.

12 Likes

Kings of Convenience toxic girl / 2001 Source / EU CD Single / SOURCDSE1025

1 Toxic Girl (Monte Carlo 1963 Version)
2 Little Kids (Lively Version)
3 Once Around The Block (Our Version)

9 Likes

Robert Palmer - Clues - CD

17 Likes

Surf’s Up/The Beach Boys

15 Likes

Back in 2016 I was in Firebird Records in Dublin and they were playing this brilliant album (Night Fiction) by Cian Nugent - a couple of years later I went to see Steve Gunn at the De La Warr in Bexhill on Sea. His co-guitarist was incredible and then to my surprise he introduces him as Cian Nugent. Luckily got to have a chat with him after the show. Told him back in 2016 I was in……

His new album is wonderful.

She Brings Me Back To The Land Of The Living

7 Likes

Playing on Vinyl - Tangerine Dream Live - Encore

17 Likes

I must admit that I still have a bit difficulties to get used to these new mixes. However, I might pick up the vinyls later anyhow but let’s see.

20 Likes

Tracy Chapman, Tracy Chapman, 1988.

I listened to Tracy in the car for a few years driving in Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

In a tape recorded from the CD that still is with me, that I bought in 1992 at Schiphol Airport.

I know she is from Cleveland in the USA, but after all those miles together she is part of my African experience, a very happy part of my life.

So I play her often to enjoy the memories of red roads, green bushes and blue skies.

By the way I am on the road again…

27 Likes

What’s your player, Rafael?

1 Like

AK70 and Sennheiser IE900, they sound marvelous.

2 Likes

Sparks - Kimono My House.

15 Likes

Yes I thought that looked familiar I’m currentley using Astell & Kern A&Futura SE 100. All sounds very good to my ears.

2 Likes

Terry Callier Timepeace / 1998 Verve Forecast / UK CD / 5392492

12 Likes

I find these pieces amazing

7 Likes

Fleetwood Mac, tusk. :smiling_face:

27 Likes

David Gilmour Live at Pompeii. What a gig to have been at. The upgraded system is really starting to hum! Have to say it’s a bit of a revelation… :sunglasses:

23 Likes