What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Thanks Andy. I’ve seen a copy for £57. Price not problem but was hoping for individual albums with original vinyl replica artwork which was distinctive.
Tall order I know. Entered dither mode.

1 Like

They’ve also got a couple (or at least 1 :grin:) of EPs available in Qobuz. I love it but Mrs Pete hates it.

3 Likes

Certainly an album that divides opinion and nothing wrong with that. BTW I was awol end of last year and can’t find results of best album of the year. Wondering what top 3 were. Do you know . Was it Crispy who did the thread.

1 Like

Yes it’s @crispyduck threaf think he’s waiting for December to roll on. It’ll be interesting to see Galan and Paul make the cut.

3 Likes

Still absorbing the new stereo mixes here.
The Rubber Soul tracks are great.

26 Likes

2023 - Yo La Tengo // The Bunker Sessions

5 Likes

The Tone Poet LP.

6 Likes

That was probably Freebird Records in Wicklow Street Andy!

1 Like

Robert Plant - Shaken ‘n’ Stirred - 1985
On vinyl

I remember buying this when it came out, and it’s certainly languished in the nether regions of the collection ever since …

16 Likes

17 Likes

@crispyduck
I’ve looked but can’t find it. What was album of the year 2022 or indeed the top 3. Thanks

First Aid Kit - Stay Gold - CD

19 Likes

If you search for the thread ‘Forum Album of the Year 2022 - The Vote!’ Then you will see that I put the top 12 nominations to a poll and the winner was Jack White’s ‘Entering Heaven Alive’. I will do the same shortly - ask people to put forward nominations and then create a poll based on top nominations.

1 Like

Indi/folk/americana from Noah Gundersen kicks off the day.

3 Likes

Having a listen to a Steven Wilson side project with Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth
Storm Corrosion from 2012

9 Likes

Decided on something a little less intense.
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Original 1973 vinyl on the LP12😊

25 Likes

Mr Wobbly Head. CD. 1998. A decent album to be fair.

24 Likes

Enjoying this Nina Simone classic in HR (24/192 if you like numbers) on Qobuz

Wild Is The Wind

:heart:

13 Likes

10,000 Maniacs – Blind Man’s Zoo
CD rip|1989

23 Likes

Buddy Rich & His Sextet - Blues Caravan (Qobuz/Verve)

Buddy Rich my late uncles favourite drummer. Never forget his funeral, as his coffin disappeared behind the curtain to the sound of a blistering Buddy Rich solo, brilliant and priceless! :joy:

:heart:

8 Likes