What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I don’t spin this much these days

Ocean Colour Scene - Moseley Shoals, nice blend of influences on this album.

11 Likes

Named after the swimming baths, but I’m sure you know that :+1:

Country Joe and The Fish. I feel like I’m fixin’ to die.
Psychedelic anti war music? What’s not to like?

IMG_2975

17 Likes

Fond memories of the stand-up repartee between Rich and Ronnie Scott at the club, back in the day. Oh for a time machine…

On entry to intensive care for a heart op he was asked if he had any allergies. ‘Only Country and Western’ was the response.

1 Like

The Band - The Last Waltz. (4 CD box set)
What a special guest list they had for this concert!

17 Likes

Not checked it out. Its been out for a while now, Gearbox records final Buddy Rich concert at Ronnie Scotts released with the permission of his family.
Have you heard it?

Edit: just found it on Qobuz to remind myself, must add to my playlist

:heart:

8 Likes

I thought I read it was a pun on Muscle Shoals, Alabama studios.

1 Like

Maybe both. As their from Birmingham they must surely be aware of Mosely Shoals swimming

1 Like

CD rip from

My favourite album of all time.

16 Likes

Yep, have it on CD. It’s good.

1 Like

CD1.

8 Likes

On CD:-

Julie Byrne - The Greater Wings

8 Likes

It’s a great set.

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde.

26 Likes

First Aid Kit - Ruins - CD

16 Likes

Blonde on Blonde. We take it for granted now but in 1966 there was nothing else like it. I played it over and over whilst hand writing the lyrics.

7 Likes

I must admit Graham, I came to appreciate Dylan much, much later on. Records very expensive and too eager to buy Beatles and Stones stuff at the time. But I really enjoy his output now and fully agree with your assessment that this album is quite unique for it’s time, when put into context.

3 Likes

Playing on Vinyl

13 Likes

Wishbone Ash. Very old vinyl, still sounds good.

Argus is the third album by the British rock band Wishbone Ash, released on 28 April 1972. It is their most commercially and critically successful album. It peaked at No. 3 in UK Albums Chart. WIKI.

17 Likes

Think it cost me 50 bob Alan which was quite a lot because of it being a double. Fortunately I had a good paper round. (Single albums were about 32 shillings £1.60) :sunglasses:

4 Likes