What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Annie Lennox - Diva.

16 Likes

Saw focus at the weekend, loved every minute

10 Likes

I check it out and have listened to it all morning.

1 Like

Andy, you may well have a much better streamer and set up than mine, as I find the 1987 stereo CD is the best of the non-vinyl versions I have. Though I am just streaming it, as opposed to playing the d/loaded file.

2 Likes

I come back to this, his latest album, quite often

9 Likes

Noticed the new Hendrix live album on Qobuz which prompted me to go for a favourite posthumous release.

16 Likes

1 Like

Layla Musselwhite - American Primitive

6 Likes

29 Likes

12 Likes

Nice to read that @Gordon :+1: Have fun with it

Something slightly different….

Massive Attack - 100th Window

18 Likes

Staying with the ladies

k.d. lang - Ingenue.

21 Likes

Ben Harper and Charlie Mussellehite - No Mercy In This Land

11 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Bare Trees

From that golden period, this album from 1972 follows the brilliant Future Games.

It would be Danny Kirwin’s last with the band, containing his beautiful song Dust.

There are some classic songs here which in the Fleetwood Mac canon are largely overlooked.

20 Likes

Some Flemish fishing blues. The CD came with a photobook (Onze Vissers), all about the fishing history of West Flanders, Belgium.

2 Likes

Beyoncé - Lemonade - 2017

6 Likes

Probably my last tonight

Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation

11 Likes

Argh great choice Fatcat…my favourite track on Strangers In The Night
The keyboard sound and the guitar and bass building …argh they are absolutely rocking on that .
Its a superb Live album isn’t it so many classics …like Doctor Doctor …Natural Thing .A great band only saw them once on The Machanix tour but a great show.

This is a delight.

Four musicians improvising (with great discipline) in a sparse but groovy funk-based jam.

[This is the first time I’ve really enjoyed this music, and it’s partly because I feel like I’m in the studio with the musicians.]

6 Likes