What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Great album, lyrical trio jazz, give it a try you might like it…

7 Likes

More VW. Vinyl. Symphony number 6. I have been given, by a friend, his late father’s classical vinyl, nearly all mint. I’m keeping about 80 of them. Some lovely stuff in there. I’m very lucky. Quite a lot of Vaughan Williams.

12 Likes

Amanda Shires – My Piece Of Land
CD rip|2016

Folk. I have a few of her albums and this is my favorite.

6 Likes

Not arf!

1 Like

It’s a Fair Cop on BBC R4 FM.

Real life police officer Alfie Moore does standup. He chose his second profession because he found the sound of laughter off-putting when doing the first.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Sonny Curtis :wink:

3 Likes

Must admit I didn’t realise there were that many! The first six volumes were curated by resident (and the late) DJ José Padilla and are pretty much lounge classics. Will give the later ones a try though.

2 Likes

… a good prompt from @Neil0001 to put my favourite one on.
vol.6 from 1999
CD rip

5 Likes

Superb album

4 Likes

Magnolia Electric Co. - Sojourner Box set

3 albums 1 ep and a DVD.
Best album from this set is imho Nashville Moon.
Pretty dark album. Think Jason Molina already knew he was heading towards the end. I mean with lines like " I heard the North Star saying,kid you’re so lost even I can’t bring you home" it’s pretty obvious.
Sad he passed away at such an early age.

5 Likes

Came in a wooden box?

Paul Weller

Stanley Road

Edward

21 Likes

I love them… only just come to them recently…

2 Likes

First real listen to Steven Wilson’s latest offering “The Harmony Codex”. How can one man be so talented? :roll_eyes::joy:

17 Likes

Yup Andy.
Together with a medallion and a poster.
Was browsing through my CD collection and stumbled on this one. Hadn’t heard it for some time and decided to give it a spin.

1 Like

My favourites, probably because of the time I first heard them.

Many more have been enjoyed since then.

9 Likes

3 Likes

Re-listening to some 2023 releases before contributing to the album of the year thread

9 Likes

Dixie Chicks - Taking The Long Way.

12 Likes