What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

No @Bozz88, I stopped watching Jules a few years ago. I don’t have any particular reason either. I seem to remember watching several that I had recorded and fast forwarding through great chunks of them, so perhaps I just got a bit bored of the acts he was showcasing and have never gone back to him.
I will take a look for that one. Mrs QS is off to conference for a few days on Sunday, so a perfect opportunity as she’s really not a fan… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We stopped watching him too but for some reason started watching the current run and have enjoyed them all so far (with only a small amount of fast forwarding😀). Hope you like it.

2 Likes

16 Likes

As I just put this on my favourite albums of the year list I thought I’d give it a run…

10 Likes

Have been enjoying listening to King Curtis Live At Fillmore West (posted a couple of days back)

Now enjoying King Curtis leading a similar band backing the great Aretha Franklin at Fillmore West
So its a case of doubleplusgood :heart:

HiRes on Qobuz

18 Likes

The Beatles / 1967-1970 2023 Edition

21 Likes

I fought the law.
Remind me who won.

1 Like

Double Live From The U.S.A. And U.K. Dave Brubeck Quartet

7 Likes

Now playing…

Manu Katché - Neighborhood

Manu Katché (Drums), Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano) and Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with another fabulous album from Manu with this very talented quintet and they are sounding sublime! The opening track ‘November 99’ is sweet… one beautiful album and lovely way to ease into this sunny and cold day…

13 Likes

Not my usual taste at all, but as back ground music to work to or wanting to have something different, these Cafe del Mar albums are very good. Also quite good at showing off your system, as there’s lots of heavy production going on. This is Vol 19 and there’s a few of their albums available on Qobuz.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Mrs QS’s all time favourite movie. :blush:

1 Like

Caravan - Cunning Stunts

10 Likes

Vaughan Williams. Sir Adrian Boult. Vinyl. Not heard this before.

Recorded January 22-23 & February 12, 1968 at Kingsway Hall, Holborn, London. ( Or Abbey Road, depending on which article you read)

10 Likes

On Vinyl:
41J+WCuPkDL.AC_UY300_FMwebp_QL65
E.L.O. The Light Shines On

4 Likes

First play, thank you @GeoffC for posting… :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

2016 AAA Reissue Series vinyl, simply stunning live recording! :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

10 Likes

Bachman Turner Overdrive - Not Fragile. (1974).
Great track list including the mega hit “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet”.

21 Likes

Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink.

Playing Disassociation/100% Proof remix from the Who Do You Think We Are box set. This is one case where it’s so different from the original that it feels like it’s messing with my DNA. Maybe it’s from the version that Steven Wilson messed with?

18 Likes

6 Likes