What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Just wanted to give a shout out to all folks on this listening thread.

I’ve had a couple of difficult months (no need to go into details) but now resolved - well, mainly.

In my more miserable moments, of which there were many, I’d spin my discs while reading about what others were listening to across continents, inspired at the suggestions and impressed by the knowledge displayed (while chuckling at some of the heated exchanges elsewhere on the forum). Helped me enormously during some dark times.

Don’t know who you guys are are, but we are kindred spirits.

Keep on rocking - and thanks! Isca D

43 Likes

Stonking!

11 Likes

‘Rubber Soul’ - The Beatles

Wondering what the remixed ‘Rubber Soul’ tracks on the 2023 ‘Red’ album, mentioned earlier in the thread, sound like - and whether I ought to take the plunge.

29 Likes

Go on, you know you want to, it’s not only the Rubber Soul tracks that benefit :+1:

3 Likes

Duran Duran

Roon decided to suggest some tracks of theirs recently. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to hear what the future sounded like to 1981. Thanks to Roon I also learned that Roger Tailor was the drummer on this debut album! Despite being overplayed and over exposed at the time, it holds up decently 42 years later.

15 Likes

Nat “King” Cole - Love Is The Thing, with excellent arrangements from Gordon Jenkins.

12 Likes

.sjb

2 Likes

Now playing…

Manu Katché - Playground

Manu Katché (Drums), Mathias Eick (Trumpet), Trygve Seim (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass) and David Torn (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… returning from my second hike of the day and returning to another album from Manu, and along with his fabulous and talented sextet, they are sounding mighty sweet! …one fine album.

6 Likes

Well I’ve certainly been fortunate enough to be in some cool bars in my time, mostly made available through work.

However I’ve always had the most fun in the authentic ones and especially when you don’t expect it.

Good music always helps

1 Like

Bill Ryders-Jones (ex The Coral) wonderful soundtrack If.

3 Likes

Bill Callahan Gold Record

7 Likes

Matt Sweeney /Bonnie Prince William Superwolf

3 Likes

John Mellencamp No Better Than This.

8 Likes

Australian Crawl - Sirocco.

2 Likes

The Beach Boys - Smile - CD

17th Nov 1966, The Beach Boys were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with ‘Good Vibrations.’

9 Likes

Morning. :grin:

1 Like

Morning to you, how’s things.

It’s after 5pm here.

7 am in a dark and miserable UK

Bobs Rough and Rowdy Ways

21 Likes