What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Yeah I didn’t want to mention the weather, we woke to a little rain but it’s now sunny and warm. :grimacing:

I could ask, what’s the Sun look like, cos we haven’t seen much of it at all :grin: I’m just setting off to battle another British institution, road works, :vertical_traffic_light: hopefully shouldn’t be out too long before playing some more tunes, catch you soon :+1:t2:

1 Like

Good luck fighting the establishment is almost painful. :+1:

1 Like

Cambridgeshire seems to be starting the day with clear skies.
I’m starting the day with Opeth - Sorceress

9 Likes

Isca

Pleased you are getting out of what was making you feel low on lifes journey

It’s a real joy … music in our lives and being touched and stirred by what we are playing.
A reflection of our moods what we play sometimes.
Its such a blessing having it in our lives and its fair to say people on this thread are crazy passionate about their music and as you say its a joy seeing what other people are playing and makes me think must play some of that band or album.

Its such a civilised forum and hats off to Richard Dane for keeping it like that.
What really touched me was the Anxiety and Depression thread in the Lounge.Very honest and raw people sharing their experiences
How the support and advice people where posting and sharing was great.

Anyway take care and have a great Friday @ look forward to seeing your weekend posts

12 Likes

Just released in hi-res this morning on Qobuz and sounding rather wonderful

16 Likes

Playing on Vinyl before going to work perfect for Friday and nearly the weekend :+1:

24 Likes

U2 Achtung Baby

23 Likes

Donald Fagen The Nightfly / 2017 Warner / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR17866

I hear you’re mad about Brubeck
I like your eyes, I like him too
He’s an artist, a pioneer
We’ve got to have some music on the new frontier

30 Likes

And at a very decent price given the mortgage increase requirement to buy the physical packages.

On my list together with some very interesting Tina Turner post Ike pre-solo fame albums. I have a couple on CD but the sound quality is very thin.

3 Likes

Muse

Absolution XX Anniversary

Edward

10 Likes

I’m enjoying the new Gondwana Records release

Ancient Infinity Orchestra and their album River of Light. Out today

5 Likes

Stockholm Syndrome is my fave song of theirs

A few days leave so giving the PMC’s a chance to loosen up.

G

25 Likes

Sonny Clark Trio Sonny Clark Trio / 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724353377427

Sonny Clark Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

12 Likes

Phil Collins Fave Value

27 Likes

Mötley Crüe

Shout At The Devil (40th Anniversary)

Edward

7 Likes

I have the PMC 25.21’s and they constantly amaze me with their ability to fill a room and go low. If you need any more proof then check out the track ‘Grain Moon’ on the organist Anna Lapwood’s new album Luna. At the end of the track there is some stomach rumbling deep bass notes that I can’t believe come from these little boxes

1 Like

Thank you at @GraemeH. I have just sat down and was considering what to listen to.
Took a look at this thread and saw your post.
Decision made…:blush:

18 Likes

Their best album in my humble opinion!

2 Likes