What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

A couple so far this evening:

Asia - Asia

The Move - Shazam

Don’t remember why I bought something by The Move, it was a few years ago now, but bought Shazam 'cause it has Blackberry way on this CD

11 Likes

Great album, and he is the only musician playing on it👍

5 Likes

Following @Pete_the_painter with the Red & Blue Albums, and as this is my first of the day, lets start with ‘1’ which started an eleven-week run at No.1 on the UK album chart in 2000.

The album features virtually every number-one single released from 1962 to 1970. Issued on the 30th anniversary of the band’s break-up (19th Nov 1970) it was their first compilation available on one CD. The world’s best-selling album of the 21st century, 1 has sold over 31 million copies.

28 Likes

Over Coffee & Wordle

15 Likes

Doubt it! :laughing:

She just seems to glide around the stage at times - I think it reminds of some cartoon or sci-fi scene, plus I didn’t expect the stripes to continue downwards at the back for some reason. It probably wouldn’t look as good if the video was in colour.

1 Like

Wilco - Cousin.
Really enjoying their latest release. When I get around to album of the year this is in contention.

8 Likes

Tilman Hoppstock - Bach Works for Guitar - 2014 - Christophorus CHR 77392

Nice way to start Sunday morning.

10 Likes

@Pete_the_painter, don’t worry and just enjoy it. I’m sure you are already :grin:
Make the damn thing work for its $11k :muscle:

2 Likes

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass - 30th Anniversary Edition - CD

26 Likes

13 Likes

‘Laughing Stock’ - Talk Talk

Chillin’ on a Sunday morning.

22 Likes

From Croz to Nash whilst cooking ‘Brunch’…

Amazing how good his voice still is at 81 (at time of recording)

7 Likes

The enchanting Sarah Walker on her Sunday morning Radio 3 show …with you Clive :+1:

5 Likes

This is a lovely album from the classical guitarist Sean Shibe, playing Monpou, Raval, Poulenc and De Falla, in a brief moment of sunshine. :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Morning Isca

Whats your thoughts on laughing Stock ?
I haven’t heard it before.I know it was the last album they did.
A mate has it and really rates it a sort of part 2 of Spirit Of Eden.
I listened to that album a couple of days ago and The Rainbow has got to be my favourite opening lines on a song…Oh yeah the worlds turned upside down …just brilliant and so fitting on the state of the World at the moment and all the war and misery.

Wishing you a fine Sunday …Enjoy the sun

2 Likes

6 Likes

Morning Tabbycat - certainly recommend ‘Laughing Stock’. Tremendous dynamics - you need to be the right mood for it. I recall hearing a track from this album on a mix CD that ‘Q Magazine’ gave away c.30 years ago - intrigued me to investigate further. Have a great Sunday yourself.

2 Likes

Chet Baker - Chet - 2018 - Hallmark 717562

Chesney Henry Baker, born Yale, Oklahoma on 23rd December 1929 :trumpet:

17 Likes

The Beatles 1962-1966

26 Likes

Great start to a Sunday session.

Qobuz hires, which I find I’m listening from more and more these days.

G

17 Likes