What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Grace Jones - Island Life 2 - CD

Need a bit of geeing up, this was at hand, :arrow_forward: and off we go…

22 Likes

Staying with Chet.

Gerry Mulligan with Chet Baker - Reunion- 1988 - EMI Manhattan Records- Recorded in December 1957

8 Likes

Zabriskie Point. Soundtrack
Watched the film again last night. Excellent music throughout with Jerry Garcia and Pink Floyd heavily involved with the two main scenes.
Cd rip of 2cd edition.

11 Likes

Just in case the world record hasn’t been set yet!
1st press, interested to hear the new one though.

23 Likes

A much better mix than the original cd. Bass is more controlled for starters.

Qobuz hires.

G

4 Likes

Although I have the original you’re tempting me even more………….:grinning:

1 Like

Live Eric Clapton - Time Pieces Volume 2 - Live In The Seventies

14 Likes

I find it rather spooky that you know what I’m listening to on a Sunday morning!

1 Like

Paul McCartney - Give My Regards to Broad Street

I found this in a box of records which had come from my late mother-in-law’s house. A few rotations on the Okki Nokki and it’s now playing quite nicely. I see that on AMG it’s not so well received, but it’s Paul McCartney, and that can’t be so bad.

15 Likes

Bob Dylan. The complete Budokan 1978
Continuing to dip in and out of this.
Price of the 4cd box has gone up so happy to stream through my Qobuz subscription until it drops to a more appropriate level.
I don’t or can’t do downloads and anyway would want the physical article if I was going to part with money.

17 Likes

The first of 2 wonderful albums, both beautifully recorded, from Colin Towns’ Blue Touch Paper. I never listened to Gillan, those who did will know Towns from his rock days. This is probably (?) jazz. Whatever, it’s terrific Sunday afternoon music. CD rip.

2 Likes

Me too. I was going to buy the CD set but I’m not paying that for it!! I don’t stream as I just like the physical connection with my music, both CD and all the occasion of putting on LPs. Guess I will wait.

1 Like

As you say it’s Macca and what’s not to like :+1:t2:

1 Like

A surprise that the Blue Album didn’t make it to no.1 in 1973?
Nor did this one the same year.
Selling England …

28 Likes

Just finished putting up my Quadraspire wall bracket for my LP12, so Mr Cooder had the honours of first test play. I am absolutely delighted with the improvement it has brought!

24 Likes

Gramophone away at the menders…

Enjoying this superb sounding HiRes stream on Qobuz

:heart:

19 Likes

Long been a lover of Alkan’s music, but only recently came across the American pianist Raymond Lewenthal performing it.

Piano Music Of Alkan
RCA Victor 1966 ish
Mono

Excellent.

5 Likes

I wonder if that error will be corrected this time round, although it will be competing head-on with the Red Album. That said, I don’t know where to find the current album chart these days!

3 Likes

Enjoying this, actually.

G

17 Likes

Loving on Vinyl - Yes - Going For The One
Absolutely on the top of their game muscianship and Jon Anderson’ s lyrics.
A Yes classic .

24 Likes