What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Nice :+1:
Klaus played bass on most tracks of the No Secrets Album and created the famous bass intro on You‘re so vain

1 Like

Deep Purple - Come Taste The Band. (1975).

The last studio album before the bands breakup in 1976. A bit tame by Purple’s standards but enjoyable anyway.

14 Likes

Why? I’m lost in the past.

steve

3 Likes

Prompted by Bob Stewart’s Tuba playing on Arthur Blythe Lennox Avenue Breakdown, just got to draw for Shabaka Hutchings Sons Of Kemet with Theon Cross’s trouser flapping Tuba contribution

Still sans gramophone but the HiRes Qobuz stream doing the business

:heart:

7 Likes

Jim Capaldi - Oh How We Danced

9 Likes

U2 - War
Vinyl

20 Likes

Tomita - Snowflakes Are Dancing - CD

16 Likes

I have been listening to this all afternoon, comparing vinyl vs digital on both the study and main systems.

I am now sitting listening to the digital stream on the main system and realised something deep.

I have turned in to my Grandad! He would often sit of an evening listening to Jim Reeves, Hank Williams et al. I think this and I, may be the modern equivalent. :grinning:

20 Likes

Enjoying on Double CD - Led Zeppelin The BBC Sessions

21 Likes

MMT/The Beatles.

The version of I Am The Walrus here - a masterpiece of sound and song - is so well mastered on this pressing, and further reminds me of how much Sam and Giles’ mix has altered/messed up the ending.

15 Likes

Reminds me of Radio Paradise Eclectic/World Mix.

2 Likes

Ah well partners mother rescued from hospital taken home and deposited along with partner - I’m home alone so into the music room and I fancy a bit of the good stuff….

Gary Numan - Exile Extended

9 Likes

Bryan Ferry, boys and girls. :smiling_face:

23 Likes

Dominique Fils-Aime - Stay Tuned - Free Dom

9 Likes

Now a small thanks for the pleasant memories Grandad.

9 Likes

Your companion appears to enjoying it also.

steve

1 Like

Robin Trower | Long Misty Days | 1976
I was playing Robin Trower with Jack Bruce last night and fancied some more, this is one of my favourite solo Trower albums.

11 Likes

Phil Collins, Face Value, 1981.

Because I bought my CD in 1989, it provided a lot of good times and I will not buy a new pressing now… But thank you for making me think about how very good this remains.

26 Likes

‘Every Picture Tells a Story’ - Rod Stewart

Love the track ‘(I Know) I’m Losing You’, with The Faces backing Rod. Kenney Jones’ drumming is immense.

20 Likes

Bill Evans Trio Waltz For Debby / 2010 OJC Riverside / EU CD / 0888072323261

Bill Evans Piano
Scott LaFaro Bass
Paul Motian Drums

20 Likes