What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Munya – Jardin
vinyl|2023

Indie pop. Hailing from the boiling indie pop scene of Montreal, MUNYA is the solo project founded by Josie Boivin (Discogs)

Heard a track on the Sirius channel SiriusXMU (Un Deux Trois), decided to try the album. First listen, enjoyable so far.

3 Likes

Before

3 Likes

Just downloaded, 1st run

7 Likes

Black Keys
Magic Potion

8 Likes

Jimi Hendrix Experience. Axis bold as love.
His best imo unless of course you include Band of Gypsys.

24 Likes

Melody Gardot, enter Eu’s faux. :wink:

10 Likes

Kossoff on Guitar, if my memory is correct.

2 Likes

Just doing a bit of digital music browsing through the ECM catalogue. Qobuz Sublime filters set to Hi Res only provides over 100 albums at around £6 each.

Picked up Ralph Towner’s first ECM album ‘Trios / Solos’.

Lovely guitar dynamics and a beautiful Hi Res recording from 1973. Not the most inspiring ECM album artwork but the music more than makes up for it.

8 Likes

I read that they had a lot of issues with the vocals for this scene because in movies they actually film the scene and then do the music/vocals - problem is, the Queen of Soul never sang anything exactly the same way twice, so getting it to synch was a real challenge.

1 Like

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Couldn’t Stand The Weather.

22 Likes

Jimi Hendrix. Band of Gypsys.
His best imo unless of course you include Axis Bold as love.

18 Likes

My favourite from the boys

Pet Shop Boys - Behaviour

13 Likes

It was some band that played on the album, Dave Mason, Steve Winwood, Paul Kossoff, Trevor Burton, The Muscle Shoals Horns, amongst others. Paul really tears it up on Al Jolson’s song Oh How We Danced.

2 Likes

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)
2007, 4Cd Deluxe Version giving a good insight into many of the tracks.
I was interested in the “I Am The Walrus” takes and can see where Giles got a lot ideas from.
For me the Disk 1 Anthology version absolutely nails this track.
Track list for anyone interested:
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\01 - All You Need Is Love (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\02 - Baby You’re A Rich Man (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\03 - Hello Goodbye (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\04 - Magical Mystery Tour (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\05 - Your Mother Should Know (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\06 - I Am The Walrus (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\07 - The Fool On The Hill (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\08 - Flying (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\09 - Blue Jay Way (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\10 - Lady Madonna (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\11 - The Inner Light (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\12 - All Together Now (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\13 - Hey Bulldog (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\14 - It’s All Too Much (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\15 - Across The Universe (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\16 - Christmas Time (Is Here Again) (Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\17 - I Am The Walrus (US Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\18 - Magical Mystery Tour (88 Video Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\19 - Blue Jay Way (88 Video Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\20 - Your Mother Should Know (88 Video Stereo).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\21 - All You Need Is Love (Anthology DVD).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\22 - I Am The Walrus (Anthology DVD).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\23 - Hello Goodbye (Anthology DVD).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 1 - Stereo\24 - Lady Madonna (Anthology DVD).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\01 - All You Need Is Love (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\02 - Baby You’re A Rich Man (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\03 - Hello Goodbye (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\04 - Magical Mystery Tour (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\05 - Your Mother Should Know (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\06 - I Am The Walrus (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\07 - The Fool On The Hill (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\08 - Flying (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\09 - Blue Jay Way (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\10 - Lady Madonna (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\11 - The Inner Light (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\12 - All Together Now (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\13 - Hey Bulldog (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\14 - It’s All Too Much (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\15 - Across The Universe (Mono).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\16 - Christmas Time (Is Here Again) (Sessions).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\17 - I Am The Walrus (US Single).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\18 - All You Need Is Love - RM11 (SSIP).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\19 - Magical Mystery Tour (Mono Film Mix).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\20 - I Am The Walrus (Mono Film Mix).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\21 - Your Mother Should Know (Mono Film Mix).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 2 - Mono\22 - Anthology Medley.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\01 - Free Now.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\02 - Magical Mystery Tour - RM4.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\03 - Magical Mystery Tour - RM7.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\04 - All You Need Is Love - Take Unknown.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\05 - All You Need Is Love - Warmup.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\06 - All You Need Is Love - Take 58.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\07 - Your Mother Should Know - Take 8.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\08 - I Am The Walrus - Take 7.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\09 - I Am The Walrus - Take 8.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\10 - I Am The Walrus - Take 9.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\11 - I Am The Walrus - Rehearsal.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\12 - I Am The Walrus - Takes 16+17.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\13 - I Am The Walrus - RM4.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\14 - The Fool On The Hill - Take 1 Demo.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\15 - Blue Jay Way - RM1.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\16 - Flying - RM4.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\17 - Your Mother Should Know - Take 27.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\18 - The Fool On The Hill - Take 4.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\19 - Flying - Take 8+Overdub Takes 1-5.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\20 - King Lear.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\21 - Hello Goodbye - Take 1.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\22 - Hello Goodbye - Take 16.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 3 - Sessions\23 - Christmas Time (Is Here Again) - Take 1.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\01 - The Inner Light - Stereo Backing Track.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\02 - Lady Madonna - Take 3.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\03 - Across The Universe - Take 2.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\04 - Across The Universe - Take 7.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\05 - Lady Madonna - Overdub Track.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\06 - Lady Madonna - Take 4.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\07 - Lady Madonna - Take 4 + Overdub Track.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\08 - Lady Madonna - Take 5 False Starts.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\09 - Lady Madonna - Take 5.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\10 - All You Need Is Love (YSS).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\11 - Baby You’re A Rich Man (YSS).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\12 - All Together Now (YSS).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\13 - Hey Bulldog (YSS).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\14 - It’s All Too Much (YSS).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\15 - Hello Goodbye (1993 Mix).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\16 - All You Need Is Love (Take Unknown) (Antholgy DVD).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\17 - Across The Universe (Anthology 2).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\18 - Lady Madonna (Anthology 2).flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\19 - Rumitape Part 1.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\20 - Rumitape Part 2.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\21 - Rumitape Part 3.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\22 - Rumitape Part 4.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\23 - Rumitape Part 5.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\24 - Across The Universe - Take 2 Monitor Mix.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\25 - Lady Madonna - Monitor Mix A.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\26 - Lady Madonna - Monitor Mix B.flac
Z:\The Beatles\Magical Mystery Year (Fan Production)\Disc 4 - Sessions\27 - Lady Madonna - Monitor Mix C.flac

8 Likes

Juliana Hatfield Sings ELO

10 Likes

Love the cat - it has great taste!

2 Likes

A great series preceded by Juliana Hatfield sings Olivia Newton-John and Juliana Hatfield sings The Police.

4 Likes

Roger Daltrey - Daltrey. 1998 CD Rip to FLAC
Contains two brilliant tracks composed by Leo Sayer.

11 Likes

Playing on CD - Nitan Sawhney - Philtre

51k2++ffWLL.UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85

5 Likes

Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Vol. 5: Live 1975 The Rolling Thunder Revue, a double disc set, compiled from three dates on the first leg of the tour.

16 Likes